Dreadnought MK4 VS Chimera 2: The Flippening

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Dreadnought MK4 VS Chimera 2: The Flippening

Post by GF93 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:57 pm

Solid Wedge Tip.

______
STAT COMPARISON
Chimera
Speed: 8
Traction: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 5 (Four-Bar Pneumatic Flipper with Anti-Vert Forks)
Armour: 9 (+1 Front)

Dreadnought Mk4
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3 (Front-Hinged Pneumatic Flipper)
Armour: 11
______
Chimera has the speed advantage, the long Anti-Vert forks, and the flipper that can potentially throw me out, so I’ll have to be careful. Its weaknesses still apply; I'm more agile, push harder and accelerate faster whilst still being quick enough to keep up, my low-pressure flipper lasts longer, can self-right and keep him under control more easily whilst still being able to OOTA, am more durable, and far less susceptible to being angled into with his long forks, 8WD chassis wedge and exposed corners. Really, so long as I don’t end up in any position where he can OOTA me, that puts the odds generally in my favour.

I'll want to be as slippery and aggressive as possible, using my manoeuvrability/drive to keep the pressure on, constantly force him onto the back foot, and actively stop him from mounting any major offence. Move out quickly, watch where he comes from, and vary my approaches each time; either attack the sides/corners/sides of his flipper where his wedges are weakest, feint an approach but reverse j-turn away when he gets close and whip around to his weak points, feint a head-on attack and reverse as we get close then counterattack when he misfires, or if he turns slow enough, quickly drive up and over his front corner (away from the scoop!) and get him from behind. In any case, force my way underneath, flip, and get shoving to stop him recovering. Mix up the orders to keep him guessing, only flip when definitely underneath, and drive off immediately if he even starts to get under!

When attacking, aggression all the way. Remember that though his top speed's higher, he takes longer to reach it, so play that for all it’s worth. Keep underneath and him flipped as much as possible, pursue him if he tries to run away, limit his movement to near the walls/hazards, actively interfere with any self-righting attempts by ramming or popping him back over, and copy his movements if he tries to monster-truck. Squash him into the walls – preferably on his side – to wear down the clock, force him into the IEDs, and when the walls drop, go for the OOTA to finish him. Ideally make him waste all his gas on failed self-righting attempts!

Defence, mostly the aggressive kind by actively and constantly taking the fight to him to shut down any attempts to manoeuvre/attack, but with good common sense. Conserve as much gas as possible for self-righting and OOTA attempts, self-right and escape immediately if flipped, and keep my approaches varied. Most importantly, unless I'm using them myself, STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE WALLS AND IED. Be tenacious, keep a cool head, always ready to dodge/counter anything he tries, go for the OOTA, and just generally serve him a nice big slice of vengeance pie ala mode for last time!

Good luck!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Dreadnought MK4 VS Chimera 2: The Flippening

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:05 pm

Chimera: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 9 (+1 front (includes only silver parts attached to the weapon)) - alt longboi forks

Dreadnought: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 3 / Armour: 11

well fuck he was smart enough this time to realize going at me with hinged wedges was an awful idea. What advantages do I still hold? a bit of speed, and enough weapon power to OOTA. also his weapon requires me to be fully on his wedge, and mine has quite a lot of reach. I know alex: he doesn't mix it up much, and all the last RP was the standard "I have a flipper here is my copypaste of everything to avoid and everything to do all in perfect order." I expect the same.

break his ability to do that with the long forks. start aggressive, and come at him either well offset, or at a clear angle to bait him into angling in: my goal here is to get my long forks past the side of his body. he's a 2WD bot, so the only part of his bot with no ground clearance is the exact tip of his bot (other than potentially a light hinge on the side that my heavy shock mounted forks can get under) - I might lose pretty hard to the front of his robot, but the . As SOON as I see the tip of his wedge pass the tips of my forks, turn HARD in place: one side of wheels full back, one side of wheels full front: fully utilize that skid steer. I expect to drift a bit, but honestly that might work to my advantage given that I kinda need the front corner of my bot to slide out of the way of his front.

The goal with all of this is to get my flipper underneath for JUST long enough to get a flip off. another advantage of the 4-bar here: it fires forewards and up, so even if I'm not that far under, I'm still shoving the side of his bot a good distance with a lot of force. he can't drive inverted, so from there I should be able to chain 1 or 2 more flips and get him out of the arena (the wall being so close all the time thanks to the central hazards), or at least pinned to a wall.

keep trying this. ocasionally, when I bait him to angle in, suddenly back up to try and get under his side instead. keep him guessing.

when he does get under, angle off. I'm either already drifting off to his side, or he's only under the forks: he shouldn't be able to get a good flip in. if flipped, I am faster, so run away and then self right.

after 2 minutes, play closer to the inside - since the walls are down I just need to flip him to the IEDs to OOTA him, and dont want to be close since he needs to be closer than me.

Become the drift king. never stop moving. don't let him have a measured, controlled match, because I WILL lose that.

GL