CBC3 HW Eliminator: Death Metal vs Long Arm of the Law

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Nighthawk87

CBC3 HW Eliminator: Death Metal vs Long Arm of the Law

Post by Nighthawk87 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Death Metal
Speed: 5 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 15 Armor: 7

Long Arm of the Law
Speed: 6 Traction: 4 (+1 treads) Torque: 4 Weapon: 4 Armor: 12

First thing's first, keep our front pointed at him at all times. Second thing will be to kite him towards the edge of the arena so his weapon will bounce off the walls. Third, we won't even bother using the lifting arm while his blade is operational, no sense in letting our weapon get mangled. We'll use our better speed to keep in his face as he bounces away so his weapon won't utter the dreaded death hum, and our better control to quickly recover from each hit. Once his weapon breaks we'll keep it up close and shove him around the arena, giving him the occasional lift with our arm. If his weapon holds up, we'll still ram him towards the IEDs to keep it from doing too much.

That's all I got, best of luck Shaba!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: CBC3 HW Eliminator: Death Metal vs Long Arm of the Law

Post by Shaba117 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:50 pm

Breakin' the Law, breakin' the law

*starting inverted*

He's fairly bricky with 12 armor all around, however, but his tracks take a 2-point penalty on damage, meaning that they are at 10 armor (which is 5 damage, should they be hit). It's difficult to judge the height of his plow in his signup post, but it does appear to be pretty shallow with the bot's treads clearly visible above the plow.

Start out with blade facing outer wall and drive backwards towards him, weapon at 75% power to maintain traction. If he box-rushes, get the weapon up to full power, show my side to him, and then just as he reaches me, pivot the blade right into him. This is where the 'starting inverted' part is important-his wedge should be shallow enough where my weapon should 'skip up' the wedge, then hopefully pull off a tread. I do that and LAotL is pretty much a sitting duck the rest of the match.

Now, he does have a lifting arm and I'd have to have some good timing to get my weapon on him before he gets the lifter in on my side. Though, his lifter does not possess the weapon armor bonus, so if I swing around from the side and that lower part is exposed, it's gonna get bent at least somewhat, and hopefully enough to the point where it's not going to fall flush with the narrow opening in the middle of the wedge. That would make a nice 'catch point' for impact unless he has the arm facing to the rear to protect it. If that's the case, then I'll just wail away as much as I can on the wedge and get the damage to really pile up. S1 Bite Force, anyone?

(I know, I know...hehe)

I also need to mind the arena that we're fighting in. There are multiple hazards and walls that will drop down at the 2:00 mark (which is why it's imperative that I do my damnedest to disable LAotL's treads). Now, with every hit that I make on his wedge, I will be sent flying at least somewhat. I will power off the weapon until I'm back on terra firma and have regained traction, then regroup/spin up/repeat above strat.

After the 2:00 mark-this is when things get hairy. If the fight progresses this far, I need to stay as close to the center of the arena as possible. Main IED is a problem, but if it comes to desperation time, get myself and the opponent onto the two outer rings. Crapshoot at this point, I'll aim for a lucky hit on Long Arm and get him into the main IED.

Other than that, stay in control as much as I can, catch his treads/lifter/wedge corner, beat him up enough to gain damage points, & don't drive like an idiot-this is the playoffs, after all!

Good luck, Nighthawk!