CBC3 MW Eliminator: Manglerfish vs. Harbinger

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC3 MW Eliminator: Manglerfish vs. Harbinger

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat May 18, 2019 2:30 pm

ManglerfishHarbinger
Speed: 6Speed: 9
Traction: 5Traction: 8
Torque: 2Torque: 4
Weapon: 10 (+3 saw armor)Weapon: 0
Armour: 7Armour: 9 (+2 wedge or plow)

FOUR-PRONGED PLOW PLEASE. NWOWWE hasn’t declared his but there’s not a huge difference for my strategy.

Okay, he’s got an 11-8 speed advantage, but I’ve got about an 80-20 wedge advantage. He’s most likely going to be trying to angle in like crazy, but he can’t pull it off every time. Stay aggressive and try to keep the approaches head-on.

He may say something about his crazy torque. That’s great for him if his wheels are on the ground, but that may not be the case: his wedge is freely hinged and the top of my plow is still at an angle, not vertical. There’s not much stopping him just riding up my wedge until the forks get under his chassis, and with his low ground clearance possibly high-center him. Without an active weapon, if he does this it’s a free 15-second pin for me.

Keep the saw arm low, just high enough for him to not be able to just ram his corner into the blade at high speed. If I get solidly under him, drop it immediately. I can get through his plow’s armor in 11 seconds, or his chassis in 7, and can KO him if I can reach a vital spot with my saw. His wedge/plow might get in the way a bit but I’ve got a large blade diameter with a bit of reach. If I can’t reach with the saw, use the arm as a clamp and take him to the IED.

If he wedges me, his plow’s vertical after a couple inches and his wedge is pretty shallow. Neither can easily high-center me. Try to spin or reverse away. Worst-case if he pins me against the wall, my blade can easily reach the top of his plow if he’s using it, or the top edge of his chassis if he’s using the wedge. Also watch out for him trying to swing his tail around and try to turn into the spin so my wedge takes the blow. If it’s flat-surface he can’t damage me much.

Avoid the IED unless I'm unable to get the saw in, as mentioned. We’re both pretty wide so a pushout’s unlikely and none of us can throw each other in the air, so don’t worry about pinning him against the wall. In general stay on the attack, try to push him around and pin him, and bring the saw into play as often as possible for damage points even if I can’t position it to damage vital components.

Good Luck Etc.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: CBC3 MW Eliminator: Manglerfish vs. Harbinger

Post by NWOWWE » Sat May 18, 2019 11:42 pm

WE ARE THE HARBINGER OF YOUR ASCENDANCE

-Going with the wedge set-up. With that overhead saw having the extra top armor should come in handy. Also it's my better wedge and since I'm already having to fight an uphill battle on that front, there's no need to gimp myself even more there. So my top armor is effectively invulnerable to his weapon, and everywhere else he has a 3 point power over my armor. Not great, but also not OMG I'm dying level either.

-Even though I'm faster, I feel like trying to rely solely on my speed to try and outmaneuver him won't be enough. It's time to be much less vanilla and start out the fight with some thwack tactics! His armor is strong enough not to take much in the way of damage, BUT the important thing is that I have the force to knock him around!

-Drive towards him and start thwacking when I get close. I just need to knock him enough to spin his front away from me and then use my speed to try and sweep in with the wedge at his side (or even his rear) and the slam him around for damage or eating up clock as the situation allows. I can throw in some extra thwacks if I have him against a wall.

-As long as the thwack plan works decently, make that my primary offensive tactic, but I can also throw in some angling-in if he starts selling out to defend against the thwack, or if the thwack plan is a total failure.

-Unless I'm pinning him somewhere I want to be in motion as much as I can to make sure he doesn't get chances to lock me down with the saw and try to grind away at me.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.