CBC LW WK 13: Piranha Plant vs The Thieving Magpie

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

CBC LW WK 13: Piranha Plant vs The Thieving Magpie

Post by Shaba117 » Sat May 04, 2019 8:23 pm

Piranha PlantThe Thieving Magpie
ImageImage
Speed: 3 Speed: 7
Traction: 2 Traction: 6
Torque: 3 Torque: 2
Weapon: 9 (5 pipe-turret, 5 lifter, 5 saw+arm) Weapon: 5
Armour: 13 Armour: 10
Config: N/A Config: N/A
Interesting bot that is Piranha Plant. It has a 360 deg. hinged 'skirt' wedge and 4WD mecanum, but possesses a bit more torque...and a combination of lifter/clamp/saw, while not damaging to me, will be a real nuisance to deal with. I also cannot rely on an OOTA because-no OOTA zone. :( However, Piranha Plant is also considerably slower.

I should have about a 70/30 % wedging advantage over him with me being flat 2WD over his 4WD (well, more like 60/40% against the lifting forks). Also, his mecanum wheels will cause Plant to skid 50% further when hit or flipped.

So, I'll start out going straight up the ramp and quickly enough that should Plant do the same, I will meet him on the downhill and give me even better chance at getting under. Now, he will likely have the lifter positioned directly in front and that could impede my ability to get under with the flipper. Back away back over the ramp and try to use the ramp to 'confuse' Plant by making him guess what direction I'm coming from. I'll just try to fool him as much as I can and feint a direct attack before veering off and pestering him and making him miss with the turret so I can slip in under his skirt. And flip...he'll probably be able to quickly self-right, but I need to try to push him into the nearest corner hazard. Keep doing as much of this as I can for the duration of the match.

If I run out of gas for the flipper or otherwise just have a harder time getting under Plant, use the ramp more and try to catch him on an angle that gives me a better chance at getting under. And, if he's not falling for that, well...just get in his face and reverse away if he tries to lift/clamp/saw at me.

Don't drive into hazards, myself.

GLHF, Noah!

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: CBC LW WK 13: Piranha Plant vs The Thieving Magpie

Post by V900 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:54 pm

Turtle in place, play defensive. I have 3 speed or something so this is important.

Avoid the ramp because I don't want to get insta-beached (even though I have tools to get off, such as the saw).

Angle in, but use my turret to act as a joint to make my angling more tricky to deal with.

Be aggressive if I get under or otherwise get the upper hand. If I'm in a position to bring down the saw, let er rip!

gl hf