CBC3 SHW Week12: Cruelty vs Equisde

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC3 SHW Week12: Cruelty vs Equisde

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:06 pm

CrueltyEquisde
ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 11
Traction: 7Traction: 12
Torque: 4Torque: 4
Weapon: 1Weapon: 1
Armour: 10(+2 Wedge thing)Armour: 2
I don't know which wedge and i don't really careNormal lifter
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC3 SHW Week12: Cruelty vs Equisde

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:48 pm

I am obviously faster, but he is fast too so i can't flank him.
We both have pressing wedges, i have less forks than him reducing surface area, increasing pressure thus i have a slightly better wedge.
We both have 4 torque, but i am faster so i should be able to slightly outpush him.
There is a significant distance between the tip of my lifter and my chasis, add to that my speed and you get that i should have an easy time backing of his wedge should i get outwedged. This isn't the case for Cruelty.
Avoid the Sickle as much as posible, you know why.

He will come at me, there isn't much that he can do from far away, i am the faster one so i get to chose where we will encounter. Don't come at him, instead wait and let him reach me. Use my strafing shenanigans to always face him and position myself so when i outwedge him i have a clear line to push him to the pit thing.
Of course i want to press, probably right before contact, and if he does not use the plow strafe a bit so my forks don't touch his (mine are longer hehe). To soften the impact i do not want to be moving towards Cruelty when we collide, in fact i can even reverse a bit at the last second. If he gets under back off immediately, if i win the wedge war push him straight into the pit. make sure he does not J-hook or backs off in any way, he can't just reverse as i am significantly faster and i can use my holomonic drive to counter any other maneuver.
Once we reach the pit wall, push him against it and lift to get him over it. The wall is 2ft tall, this is SHW and Equisde isn't compact, i should be able to get him over it. If i can't do it at all, Switch the strat a bit and aim for the hammers instead (remember no sickle), i only need the hammers to hit any 8 armored part of it, wheels preferably.

If he decides to wait, just wait until he decides to move. Tease into moving at him if this takes some time. Worst case escenario i just charge at him where with 15 seconds left to show aggression :V
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: CBC3 SHW Week12: Cruelty vs Equisde

Post by attackfrog » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:43 pm

Cruelty's using its forks again lul xD

Equisde has two armor. Cruelty has significantly more armor than two. Yes, Equisde has ridiculous amounts of speed. But it's a superheavyweight robot, so it's pretty large, and there's a limited amount of space in the arena for it to run around in. If it makes a mistake and bumps into Stalin's Sickle or the hammers, it's not going to hold up. On top of that, with how fast it is, it's going to have a hard time aiming the lifter under Cruelty.

So what am I going to be doing? We've got equal torque, so neither of us is going to be doing much pushing. I'm obviously not going to be able to flank a circular robot, so that's out too. All I can really do is show aggression while keeping close enough to the hazards to give Equisde the opportunity to slip up and drive itself into them. I'll have to watch out that I don't drive into them myself, but Cruelty should be an easier robot to control, in theory. Pushing into Equisde should make it harder for Equisde to get its lifter under Cruelty, so I'll probably end up doing that for most of the match.

Man, what a matchup.

Good luck, Maxi!