CBC3 HW Week 12: Petaflare vs Death Metal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC3 HW Week 12: Petaflare vs Death Metal

Post by Trihunter » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:06 am

PetaflareDeath Metal
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 5
Traction: 4Traction: 2
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 11 (10 Crusher, 1 Srimech)Weapon: 15
Armour: Armour: 8 (+2 wedge) (Effective 10 on crusher, 14 on wedge)Armour: 7
Config: NHVConfig: N/A
Very important note: Petaflare has significantly more traction than DM does. In theory, this means a weapon-to-wedge collision gies us a huge advantage on recovery.
From the start of the match, get moving and fast, and try to catch DM's blade on the extra-armoured bit of the wedge. We'll take a bit of chassis damage, but they'll get thrown more than we will. Recover swiftly, scoop them up whilst their spinner's not at full tilt, and go for a KO strike. Same procedure as always, crush for as much damage as possible, then discard them into a hazard. In this case, plant them blade-first into the wall under a hammer. Give them as little time as we can get away with (without getting told off by the TO) before going in again, using the wall and/or the beefed wedge to absorb the hit and crush once more. When crushing, motors are somewhat of a priority. If the blade isn't going, we basically have free reign, and if one of their wheels shuts down, then it's basically a KO and a bit of careful approaching for a second strike will seal the deal. If our current crushing position has done enough damage, open up as we plow them into a wall to rejig them, and attack the new hole.
If they do get away, if they're still spinning up, get on them ASAP to stop them whilst damage is low, but if they're at killing power already, take it a little slower to properly angle in, perhaps bait them into a wall or the sickles if possible. Be wary of hazards, though DM's still a bigger threat than they are.

Overall, fairly standard brick tactics, exploit traction bonuses and MEGA TANKY WEDGE to secure solid strikes and keep them spun down.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: CBC3 HW Week 12: Petaflare vs Death Metal

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:55 pm

*starting inverted*

Their front is heavily armored, but the initial +2 weapon armor bonus to the front wedge leaves the rest of the bot at 6 armor. If I can get the blade up past the wedge armor, I can inflict severe damage to the crusher itself with its 10-armor. And, the rest of the bot will suffer catastrophic damage if hit.

Start out of my square, but driving backwards with the weapon at only 75% or so power to maintain decent traction. Stay away from the walls and the central hazards and try to meet Petaflare head-on (preferably out in the open front of the arena). Go full-power with the weapon and swing around counter-clockwise (the motion of the blade), and try to ride up their shallow front wedge and just 'swipe' at the base of the crusher arm before it comes down. Immediately than turn away using the gyro force of my weapon (if the impact itself hasn't already caused me to be knocked away). Get back under control as soon as possible, and repeat the above strategy and repeated strikes to the base of the crusher arm should be enough to disable it, entirely. After that, it's just a heavily armored wedge and I just need to stay alive and not allow Petaflare to shove me around and into walls/hazards.

If I have difficulty riding up their wedge and getting the crusher, then start out the same as above, but instead, swing around and try to get some part of the bot behind the wedge. It's also 2WD with the wheels partially exposed in the rear. If I even get just one hit there, its drive will be toast. Yes, my traction is poor compared to Peta's, but I still have good reach with the weapon, and even when I'm acting in an 'uncontrollable' manner, I can still land blows and cause damage.

Key thing, regardless of strategy, is to deny Petaflare the chance to use its crusher and use the hazards against me.

With that, good luck, Trihunter!