Fenrir vs Delorean Cowboy

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Fenrir vs Delorean Cowboy

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:51 am

Fenrir - 5/3/1/15/6

Delorean Cowboy - 3/2/1/16/8

Can't self right? Woop

Let's try a few things here. He's at 3 speed which is...quite slow. The first thing I want to do is get him turning and keep him turning. Be careful when doing so, but begin tactics of flanking so he'll either drive forward or continue turning until he possibly flips himself over. If he's not playing the game and goes right for the kill, pivot on one wheel and gyro out of the way to do a fake out. If he drives too far forward and I'm close enough to his body, angle in on the edge of the wedge and smash into him. He shouldn't be able to turn his long body to hit me from that angle with some ugly form of gyro ruining his day.

If the circling is definitely not working or he CAN get his weapon into play before I can hit thr wedge, back off. Now, for the fun of it, play ring around the Rosie a very safe distance around the sickle. See if he plays along. If he does, I'll eventually win out because I'm faster and hit him from behind or from the side if he turns. Back off if things go awry or he doesn't want to play (stubborn goat :v)

If there's no other option, use the first option, but instead of circling get him turning for a bit and then get under whatever part that's close that isn't blade. And tbf, even if it is blade, I do have a higher rpm to create more momentum from the impact and even bending his wedge into the way of the blade oughta hurt it too. I have so many options I can use to flip him early and a decent enough speed advantage to make up for anything major that would fail. But yeah add a few fake outs when circling to keep him confused and hope that I can take it out before taking too much damage.

Good luck

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Fenrir vs Delorean Cowboy

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:59 pm

advantages of mod powers: I can fix my robot's name in the title :V . I aint no cowboi

k so if we hit weapons, I win. so, my job is to make sure we do, his is to make sure we don't. he might make an argument about his forks. I out-wedge them (he'll be wheeliing a lot b/c of wheel placement), and they also likely line up in between my forks. his control is also worse than mine, which will do a lot to negate his speed advantage. his wheelguards leave little clearance for the wheels, and any chassis bending is going to lift them off the ground.

I actually want to use open space to my advantage a lot here, and avoid corners. the arena spinner provides good flank protection, and the walls aren't that far away, so I can use a lot of straight-line attacks to come at him as he tries to execute a long flank over by the wall - I just need to catch him somewhere, and if he's trying to circle out and around, it's very easy for me to clip something and obliterate one side of his drive or whatever.

if he is coming at me head-on like a moron, he's gonna be trying to angle in. be the matador: stay there, take his charge, and counter-angle my robot back when he tries to angle in to ensure he rides up on my wedge. I want to stay still until that point to maximize my chances of executing properly in the moment.

in general though, I want to play this cautiously: we both deal KO level damage, but he loses the head-to-head, and I need to stay passive and force HIM to be the clever one - and then punish his attempts at being clever by only having to execute short-distance, simple driving movements. never go out on the offensive: if he wants to camp, still move slow: force him further and further into a corner, THEN strike when I've fully run him out of options. never move in too early and open up any potential options for him whatsoever.

GL