Wk 12 SHW: Dysprosinator vs Triple 6

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Wk 12 SHW: Dysprosinator vs Triple 6

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:08 am

I'm much more quicker that Triple 6 and I can easily get in underneath his sides due to his boxy chassis. Obviously his flipper is the main concern especially since he could potentially OOTA me.

Now my robot is 2WD whilst Triple 6 is 4WD, Triple 6 is going to struggle to catch Dyspro up once I start doing some angling. 6's boxy chassis is a huge exploit to lifter's and flippers, I want to forcefully make 6 use his flipper by doing the angling and do some chain flipping as much as possible. The lifter can also act as a pinning weapon so If my lifter is at a decent angle of at least 30 degrees when flipping Triple 6 I'll close it down right on top of 6 once he's underneath and pin him to take him to the one of Statlin's Hammer hazards.

If the lifting attempts are not working then I'll stick to make Dyspro act just a wedge bot and use the speed, traction and torque advantage that I have to push Triple 6 around and not give him any time to use his weapon to flip me and take Triple 6 to some hazards.

Good luck and may the best bot win.

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: Wk 12 SHW: Dysprosinator vs Triple 6

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:32 pm

DysprosinatorTriple 6
ImageImage
Speed: 7 Speed: 6
Traction: 6 Traction: 5
Torque: 3 Torque: 2
Weapon: 2 Weapon: 7
Armour: 12 Armour: 10
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are close to evenly matched in speed and control, with a slight advantage going to Dysprosinator. They are also 2WD, but nothing in TBR's entry post mentions that the wedglets are hinged or if the lifter can press. He'll probably still posses a wedging advantage, regardless.

Start out of my square and immediately go after Dysprosinator. They're not at enough of a speed advantage to completely run away, so I should be able to get to them if they try to gun it for the open end of the arena. I want to remain in the back half, near the pit. Try a head-on attack and if I get under, flip. If I can't get under their wedge, then I'll try to trigger TBR into triggering the lifter by riding up *just* enough where it will begin to lift me, then immediately back off of it, then charge forward and pop the flipper under the extended lifter. At 2 power, Dyspro's lifter will be on the slow side to employ, and this strategy should work. Again, try to get them over near the pit enough that I can have a chance at getting an early OOTA. With my 7-power flipper, I don't have to be close enough to the pit where I am subject to being OOTA'd by Dyspro.

Backup plan(s): If none of the above don't work/I run out of gas-use my closed flipper as a wedge and try to employ the part about getting TBR to use the lifter, then driving under. Other than that, draw Dyspro over towards the hazards and gain some points off of them. hopefully, it doesn't come to that.

Main thing is to get an OOTA early on and prevent this from dragging out into a JD. Also, try to keep Dyspro from getting any angles and getting their lifter under my sides and avoid getting hit by the hazards.

Good luck, TBR!