CBC3 Week 11 - Harrowdown Hill V.S. Shade Fist

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

CBC3 Week 11 - Harrowdown Hill V.S. Shade Fist

Post by winternimbus » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:21 pm

Hoo boy, yeah--this will be an interesting one. Going with the standard setup--as I want to play defensive here. A good hit from their drum on my body won't be a pleasant one and would leave me down for the count.

Spin up, keep my front facing towards them as much as I can--use my gyro forces to turn on a dime to face them and to also self-right if needed, and avoid weapon-on-weapon collisions as much as I can here. Don't let them go for my sides and back--and i expect them to take a similar route, so watch out for that. They are also ALL drum in the front, and I want to deflect as much shots from them if needed.

What I want to do is to bait them into exposing their sides or back, and immediately go into the kill, and try to chain hits and avoid them from recovering. If they're onto my baiting shenanigans, back the fuck off, and try to be the superior driver here, and keep them on their toes.

Stick near the center of the arena, watch for monkey business, avoid the hazards and house robots and getting launched into them.

Good luck!
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Badnik96

Re: CBC3 Week 11 - Harrowdown Hill V.S. Shade Fist

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:25 pm

i humbly request the following music to be played during this match:

SF:
Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 5 (+1 to the drum)

HH:
Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 9
Armor: 10 (+2 front wedges)

equal drive stats, so this'll be up to who out-drives the other. my drum swings lower and will win every weapon-to-weapon attack, so even if i ride up his wedge there's a possibility i'll strike underneath and hit him backwards. The problem here is I lack armor, so I'll need to make it up with some crafty driving.

The plan here will be to come out full gun and try to angle in on his wedgelets, get a bite there and pop him up so I can try to attack the wheels. If that doesn't work out then keep him in disadvantage for as long as possible and try to get him under a hazard. If he gets under, jhook back as quickly as possible then come in at an angle. Always mix this angle up so he can't anticipate and perform a defensive action. If they gyro, try to get at the lifted end before it lowers, because that's a free hit if i can take it. Keep my front facing them at all costs, as only one or two hits from that disc in a place I don't want it to will end the match. Keep the throttle around 3/4 for this match until i get the killing blow, in order to reduce gyro and improve control.

GLHF
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ