Scion vs ISAN

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Scion vs ISAN

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:16 pm

Scion: Speed: 9 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 4 / Weapon: 0 / Armor: 10 (+3 middle of the wedge (disincluding the side shields))

ISAN: Speed: 4 / Traction: 3 (+1 because treads) / Torque: 1 / Weapon (spinner): 15 / Weapon (lifter): 1 / Armor: 6

Clear drivetrain advantage to me: this is accentuated by the fact that he is long and has a vertical spinner: I WILL be able to get to his flanks and ignore the spinner pretty consistently here, which is good because he's able to ignore my front armor: though he's notably not going with the faster lifter, which makes me think he's going to try and beat me with the wedge forks as a more traditional vert.

If he's starting on the end without wedges with the weapon near the ground, ram straight into it to start: try and stop him from getting up to speed (since he's not running a wedge in this scenario, he won't bite the bottom corner of my wedge, so chances of getting flipped are near null). once he gets up to speed, don't do this, but do repeat it if I can get him spun down again.

in any other scenario, start flanking aggressively (still get up in his grill quickly at the start though). force him into the middle of the arena, keep getting around to his sides, and only engage when I can ensure that he can't hit me with the spinner. this is much easier if he's going wedge side down, since I just need to get to one side of his spinner setup to bully him around.

when I get under, ram him into shit: if he's running with the lifter raised at all he's gonna be real top-heavy so a good ram can flip him: he self-rights slowly and is VERY exposed when inverted, so that would be great. but yeah this part isn't complicated. I'm a wedge, there's hazards and walls.

if he corner camps with the spinner raised (or in any situation where I cant find a good angle), set it up so I have a good engage angle once he's forced to move, but dont engage that shit. if I have a guarenteed safe engage angle, punish that shit, though.

If I get flipped, the angled walls leading into the lexan should give me enough of an angle to yeet myself back into the proper inversion. I can also still push decently inverted if I have to - the top of the wedge becomes a ground scraping plow a-la whoops! without the fork.

GL

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Scion vs ISAN

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:46 pm

I can see from the other side of the world that there is some flanking involved in his plan.
  • He is way faster, but i have significantly better control thus he is way more likely to make mistakes.
  • The middle of his wedge has a formidable 13 armor, but the rest of the bot has only 7.
  • He is vague to what is the middle of the wedge so i think it's all of the wedge in between those forks because there is no way that the entire flat part of it is under 33%.
  • This is a open arena with few hazards (for CBC standards), that should help me.
Come out with the rear side (feeder wedges side), spin upwards and stay near the wall. Always keep facing him, if he comes to my front or i can force it to happen try to hit his forks, hitting the plow for a potential 2 corner damage + some shock damage is ok if i can't do so. He may also try to snipe my belt with the twack, if i notice anything like that happening quickly turn right to hit the stick with up to 8 damage, destroying the thing and possible messing up stuff near it's mount (namely drivetrain).

However, it's very likely that he will flank me and i may not be able to keep up with him, in that case engage Plan B: Bring up my weapon, WITHOUT stopping it (so it spins downward), and move away from the wall. Basically i want to keep my weapon above me so gyro doesn't affect my turning as much to make sure i can always face him and bring my weapon down (with the no wedge side), preferably on the side of his plow (that's where my perfect control kicks in), spinning downward to catch the top edge of that wedge for corner damage.
If Scion can still flank me like without trouble, i can begin to slow down my weapon while turning and bringing it back to speed while lowering it for the hit, gyro effect scales exponentially so slowing down a bit should do the trick but i can slow it farther if necessary. For example, hitting at 12 power on the sides of the wedge should deal 5+1 damage, so this should work.

Avoid hazards, mandatory don't do mistakes, take advantage of his mistakes, GL HF.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53