Tidal Wave vs Tiny Torque

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Tidal Wave vs Tiny Torque

Post by Tcrrr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:22 am

Tidal Wave 2:

Speed: 5
Traction: 4 
Torque: 1 
Weapon: 14
Armour: 6
(No Shields)

Tiny Torque:
8 speed
8 traction
3 torque
0 weapon
11 armor (+2 plow)

YO PLAY THIS ON THE ORGAN

I will get around to the back or the side of him, as he is about twice as slow as I am. I will push him to the pipe organ on the side of the arena I am closest to, and I'll make sure to prevent him from getting away before the spike comes down a couple times. If he is not dead because of that, I'll take him to the nearest available Gargoyle, and I'll basically push him into the wall until the Gargoyle strikes a few times as well. I'll avoid getting struck by the hazards myself.

Hiicantpk

Re: Tidal Wave vs Tiny Torque

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:06 pm

Shields Off

Alright then. Due to the armour bonus on the front of their bot, the rest is down to 9 armour which is plenty low enough for shock damage to start to take effect. Plus with only a regular hinged wedge, my 2wd body wedge should be able to get under most of the time. No doubt they'll try to get to my sides so lets see what we can do with the arena to put this in my favour.

According to the TO, I'll be starting in the green square by the pipe organs so I'll use that to my advantage. Spin up and stay in my square. Staying near the wall means TT can't flank around to my rear, which means I should have the control to rotate to face whichever way they approach. If they go too wide they risk being spiked by the Pipe Organs, and if they go right at me I have a 70-30 advantage for getting under (According to the chart in the rules). If I get under and they've approached me from one of the wide angles, its possible I could knock them up and back right into the pipe organ spikes.

After each hit, do my best to firstly face TT, and then reverse to the nearest wall (or slightly further away if the nearest wall has a hazard). However, if I invert TT their wedge will be very not so good so I can start being a little more ballsy and head out from the walls. If they stay aggressive and keep impacting my weapon, they're gonna take a fair bit of shock damage and may end up throwing something loose inside that could give me an edge.

If I do somehow get wedged from the front, my wheels are far enough back where I won't get high centered or anything so floor it forward and attempt to ramp off TT's wedge.

Otherwise just avoid the hazards and play this one smart. GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57