Delorean Cowboy vs KEGATRON

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Delorean Cowboy vs KEGATRON

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Kegatron: Speed: 5 | Traction: 6 (-1=5) | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 12 | Armour: 6 |
DC: Speed: 3 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 8

second match against you this week. I like having a clever opponent, so that makes it a good week :P

so uh, she's got 2 speed on me. problem is, she has zero reach, and I also one shot her even on the weapon. she needs to come at me from an angle, or hit me head on if she wants to deal damage.

in general, make sure that she never gets to engage at any sort of extreme off-set angle that would let her avoid my weapon: give a bit of space: back up, maybe j-hook a bit, before re-engaging and forcing her back/destroying her in a single hit. Because I need to be able to give space, I need to set up in the middle of the arena. this isn't the best arena, but there is some safe space there. if I have to retreat I can go back into one of the ends of the U, but I'm trying to avoid a gross-ass campy match if I can, even though this arena encourages them. Never let myself get cornered somewhere awful - be willing to take some risks if I HAVE to.

even when we engage in the way I want us to, she's pretty obviously gonna try and angle in and hit my front corner. so, turn to counter when she moves in. I should end up hitting a wheel at least despite all my disadvantages - and I dont care what the rules are on plastic wheels, a 10 wep/arm disparity is going to do something very unpleasant to the recipient.

play it defensive, and only strike when I have the space to have an advantage, and I should be able to take the victory.

GL

Rocket

Re: Delorean Cowboy vs KEGATRON

Post by Rocket » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:16 pm

AHA! AN OPPONENT BEARING A GIRTHSOME WEAPON! TRULY, THIS BATTLE WITH THE PARTIALLY-BISECTED MOTOR VEHICLE SHALL BE WORTHY OF KEGATRON'S MIGHTY BARBARIAN ANCESTORS! HAIL THE DELOREAN COWBOY! FACING YOU IS AN HONOUR!

KEGATRON'S OWN MIGHTY DRUM IS CAPABLE OF SUNDERING THE HALFCAR'S ARMOUR, BUT THIS FOEMAN'S OWN HOOKBLADE IS MIGHTY ITSELF! THERE IS NO SHAME IN ADMITTING SO! A DANGEROUS BATTLE IS MORE SPORTING! KEGATRON MUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO PERFORM THE SAME ACROBATIC LEAPS AND BOUNDS THAT KEGATRON HAS AGAINST MORE WEDGESOME OPPONENTS IN THE PAST; NAY, THIS TIME KEGATRON MUST PLANT KEGATRON'S MIGHTY WHEELS STEADFASTLY AND USE MORE GROUNDED TACTICS!

KEGATRON WILL SALLY FORTH AND CHARGE DOWN THE AUTOMOTIVE AGRICULTURALIST HEAD ON! FACING FORWARDS, ENSURING NO TRICKERY ON THE PART OF THE FOE! THEN, AS KEGATRON'S DRUM WHIRLS MIGHTILY AND IS ALMOST WITHIN STRIKING DISTANCE OF THE FOEMAN'S POTENT BLADE, KEGATRON WILL ABRUPTLY ANGLE IN! THIS OFFSETTING WILL PERMIT KEGATRON TO STRIKE THE UNDERSIDE OF THE BAR, DEALING DAMAGE AND, SHOULD THE BLOW STRIKE TRUE, LIFT THIS V6 VAQUERO END OVER END, ALLOWING KEGATRON TO CHAIN ANOTHER HIT - BUT THIS TIME TO THE FOE'S EXPOSED FLANK! REPEATED APPLICATIONS OF THIS TACTIC MAY WELL CARRY THE DAY, AS WHILE KEGATRON'S MIGHTY DRUM MAY TAKE DAMAGE FROM THE HOOKED SWORD OF THE MONSTROUS RANCHER, IT WILL NOT SERIOUSLY IMPEDE KEGATRON'S OFFENSIVE POWERS UNTIL LATER IN THE BOUT!

FIGHT WELL, ANGRY OVERGROWN SCALEXTRIC SET, FOR NOW YOU FACE!

KEGATROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)