Harbinger vs Diablo Genesis III

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Harbinger vs Diablo Genesis III

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:11 pm

WE ARE THE HARBINGER OF YOUR ASCENDANCE

-Going to use the regular wedge for this one.

-Given that he's low as all get out, I want to really amp up the aggression here. Get out into the main area and be ready to go right after him as soon as he gets out into the main area as well. If possible, try to push my speed advantage to angle in a bit. He's going as a flipper so that should at least remove the worries of a pressing wedge, but getting under could still be annoying, so I'll look for any advantage I can.

-If I can get under him, try to immediately push him to the closest corner hazard. His base armor is still decent even with the bonus on the wedge, but should still take some damage from whatever I can push him to. Maximize his time in the hazards. Be ready to try and shove him back to them before he can try to get back to safer areas.

-If I have trouble wedging him, I still have some positives going for me. We could just end up wedge deadlocked and our equal torque would keep him from pushing me. Even if he flips me, it has limited benefits outside of if my bonus armor is on top or not. I'll work just as well either way.

-If deadlocked, try to thwack to knock him aside, then get the wedge back in play ASAP.

-I probably have enough speed to straight-up monster truck him if I really needed to at some point, but just try to stay in motion and in attack mode for as much of the fight as I can. Avoid getting dragged into a housebot room (or beyond)

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Wolf51-50

Re: Harbinger vs Diablo Genesis III

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:13 am

Normal wedge with wedge spikes, flipper

He's probably gonna angle in like last time. Turn in place to keep him in front. Keep the flipper closed until I'm underneath. Flip him over if so, and then run around until I clamp him. Play the waiting game if he sits and spins or knock him into a hazard if he's close. Both of my wedges win this battle, but if my flipper isn't doing too well, go full clamp and maybe even feed him to house bots if possible. Be an aggressive fucker and ram him into walls, flip him over and over, etc. Don't let him use that drive advantage to drive circles around me. If anything, try to punish him for it.

Good luck