CBC3 Week 9 - Harrowdown Hill V.S. The Thieving Magpie

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

CBC3 Week 9 - Harrowdown Hill V.S. The Thieving Magpie

Post by winternimbus » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:43 pm

Relevant music below. Going with the standard setup.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3wxmJSQ3Z1HfAuxeHQoZcE

--

Don't have a solid gameplan here, but the general gist is that i'm going to stay near the center of the arena, keep my weapon spinning at full tilt, and try to bully and fling em around the arena and into the hazards--and not give them wiggle room to recover. Gyrodance around to self-right, or to quickly turn around to face them. Try to get them to fire their flipper early, and go in for the kill.

Go all-out here, be aggressive--but eye for any shenanigans that they might pull on their end (hazard baiting, etc.), and avoid the hazards and house robots if i'm not punting 'em around the arena.

J-Hook ASAP if wedged, try to hit their sides or back, you know the deal.

Good Luck!

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: CBC3 Week 9 - Harrowdown Hill V.S. The Thieving Magpie

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:09 pm

Harrowdown HillThieving Magpie
ImageImage
Speed: 6 Speed: 7
Traction: 4 Traction: 6
Torque: 1 Torque: 2
Weapon: 9 Weapon: 5
Armour: 10 (+2 front wedges) Armour: 10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderately powered flipper vs solid control spinner-this might be tricky.

Wedging capability-I don't think either side has a real clear advantage. At most, HH would have a 60/40 advantage.

Immediately come out of the square and through the doors. If HH is already out of his side, attack straight on. Even if their forks initially get under, I can hopefully pop the flipper under the disk and pop 'em back some. Remain aggressive and hopefully flip them over and then I can get in there and shove them over to one of the corner hazards and score some extra points.

If HH stays behind the doors, wait for them just outside of their swing radius. Meet them head-on with the above tactic and maybe I can send them reeling back into their square and one of the House Robots can 'assist' me. I won't venture into the patrol zone/try to get HH back into the section with the pit-not risking them OOTA'ing me, however. If HH tries to bait me into following back there, don't. They'll just have to come back through the House Robot patrol zone again and risk further attack.

If HH does connect with the disk and I can't get get under and flip (or I run out of gas), do my best to avoid their forks by driving erratically and use my torque advantage to sneak in under the main wedge (which I should have slightly better wedging advantage). Either flip or use my torque and shove HH into something harmful.

Other than that, avoid driving into hazards and House Robot patrol zones and remain aggressive!

GL, Syl!