Shade Fist vs Killjoy 3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Shade Fist vs Killjoy 3

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:30 pm

SF
Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 5 (+1 to the drum)

KJ3
Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 9 (Saw: 6 / Lifter: 6) / Armour: 9

I activate the equip spell "Hoops of Shame" for this battle

Since we have equal drive stats outside of torque and I can kill him faster than he can kill me it's logical to assume he'll be trying to use his torque advantage to bully me into arena hazards and such. My plan is going to be to watch what he does at the start. If he approaches at an angle, attack so I'm angling in on him. If he comes straight out, angle in, and so on. The goal here is to bite something i can throw and try to start a juggle. Any hit on his front wedge is going to warp it badly which means once I get a hit or two, I can carry that momentum and keep him in disadvantage for a long time. The other thing to note here is that I can very easily jhook off of his wedge if he does win an exchange, while he's going to have to either lift or bring the saw down to keep me hooked, either of which risk him taking serious damage. basically, i only have to win one interaction to seriously swing the fight in my favor, while he may have to win several to even get a shot at it. Stay in the middle of the floor away from the hazards and house robots, and don't chase him into these zones if he tries to camp me out. He gains nothing from camping if i don't approach. Keep the drum throttle down while he isn't near to reduce gyro problems. I can't afford any control mistakes in this one, but keep an eye out for his own mistakes since we have the same speed/traction ratio. One skid could mean disaster for either of us so make it count.

tl;dr abuse my better offense and similar maneuverability to keep hitting him until he dies

Good luck Noisy and may the better bot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: Shade Fist vs Killjoy 3

Post by Noisy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:55 pm

I have more torque so if i can out wedge him then I will win the pushing battle. He has really small wedges under his drum that line up with my drive pods' skirts and the gap for my saw arm, so I can get my lifting arms under him. His chassis also has 4 armour so one grab and cut with the saw should be enough to kill it. I'm also not convinced how strong those Hoops of shame are, they look like they will just fold under the weight of my saw arm or his bot when its flipped over onto them. I also think his drum will have difficulty getting bite into my shallow wedges.

At the start, reverse out of the doors so my wedges don't get trapped under them. Then turn and face him with the saw arm fully back so it's out of the way for now and his drum doesn't have anything to bite. Charge towards him and flip him over with the lifting arms. If his drum is facing me, push him towards the hazards or a house robot. If his drum is facing away from me, bring down the saw and then lift him up for maximum control and sawwing time. Drive him towards the saw and lower him and push him into it. Only let go when we are told to by the refs. Repeat this until he stops moving.