Blood Eagle vs Storm Worm

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Blood Eagle vs Storm Worm

Post by Wolf51-50 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:16 pm

Plow, arms raised vertically upward

Storm Worm - 7/5/3/5(3/3/3)/9(+2 front)

Blood Eagle - 4/2/1/16/7

Picture this

In the middle of a room is an undercutter. In front of the undercutter are doors, and in the back is one of the house robots. Undercutter has 4 speed and has to break through the doors or risk getting sawed or spiked

Rush out my set of doors and run straight into his starting square. Two things can happen.

He'll get up to speed and burst through the doors before I'm there, which will in turn cause him to ricochet into the wall and stop his blade (and if he doesn't, the doors should). If he's slowed by the ricochet and I'm nearby, stuff him and push him into the now destroyed entrance to a house robot, or the saws if it doesn't seem like an option. If the doors are removed but he's still at full speed? Grab a big piece of door on my wedge and ram it into him as an extra piece of armor. Stuff him if possible.

Or he'll play the waiting game while at full speed or won't leave the room before I get there. This would be dumb on his part. But if he does, either he's gonna get stuffed instantly or the doors are gonna stop his blade when they open in front of him.

In either scenario, shove him into the house bots. The main points of the strategy are to keep his blade slowed or stopped and send him to the house bots when under him. Have the blade hit the very front of the bot. Turn to keep him on the wedge, chase if he escapes (he's 4 speed and is carrying a heavy weapon on the front. He's not getting very far). Even if I take a hit, it's a thick plow that has just enough armor to take one hit and never let him spin up again.

Good luck

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: Blood Eagle vs Storm Worm

Post by Madman » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:00 am

Drew's probably counting on me being dumb. Well, I won't lol.

His strategy's prolly gonna be something like, "shove him into hazards/house robots, keep him in the small squares, facetank him the whole match so he can't spin up." I know. I'm the brick guy.

1) Start upside-down so that my weapon can't be stalled as easily against the floor.

2) Start in reverse. Rocket through those doors, spinning up the whole time.

3) sharp turn immediately once i"m clear of the doors and just fucking run from him in reverse, keeping my blade pointed at him. The starting squares are pretty far apart in this arena despite its overall small size.

4) His front plow and wedges are just corner damage playgrounds. I'll be doing 6 damage instead of 5 most of the time. His plow and weapons aren't lasting more than hit each, and since I'm upside down, my weapon won't hit the ground if I get wedged. I can j-hook off easily.

5) get out of that starting square in reverse, and then just rabid aggression while spun up, and cowardly retreat while not, in reverse, to keep my weapon pointed at him. He's closing in at a rate of 3 speed then instead of 7 and there'll be distance between us. I only need a couple of hits, TBH.

6) avoid housebots and hazards.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49