CBC LW WK 9: Beast from the West II vs Terpsichora

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

CBC LW WK 9: Beast from the West II vs Terpsichora

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:23 am

Athe the start of the match I'll start the weapon up and I'll raise my weapon up with the arm to angle of at least 20 degrees , wait for the doors to open. Once they're open I will want to immediately aim to hit the front weapon of Terpsichora whilst my weapon is raised and my bar should have a good reach to rip off the drive belt of my opponents' weapon. I don't want to attack the armour just yet until I manage to kill my opponent's weapon first.

If the weapon is still working on Terpsichora then I'll have to be a little defensive and reverse back a little to give me time to try and prevent my opponent from reaching my sides, If there's a situation where my opponent makes a driving error, then I'll pounce and try to clip one of the wheels of Terpsichora.

If things are not going to plan then I'll need to lower Beast's weapon's arm down a little and begin going for hitting the armour which should be strong enough to create some damage

Avoid going anywhere near the hazards.

Good luck and may the best robot win :)

Hooray For Lexan

Re: CBC LW WK 9: Beast from the West II vs Terpsichora

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Using Ken config (Anti-spinner wedge).

Screw it, just drive out the double doors at the start. Avoid contact until I’ve got my weapon at full speed in case he tries to just flip me over. If he turtles behind the doors wait for him to come out and face me like a man.

He has forks, which he can in theory press. However, they don’t have much reach, and to the side of them he has 4WD static wedgelets. Initially anticipate him pressing and go for his corners trying to either get past him while he’s pressing and compromising his maneuverability, or get him to gyrodance (his higher weapon power will make him more susceptible to this) than me. If he doesn’t press I have a slight wedge advantage head-on, and even if he does press he’s not guaranteed to get under me.

Now, here’s the thing. We’ve got identical drivetrains, so there’s no surefire guarantee of either of us getting under. However, my wedge can withstand a couple of hits. If I get tossed and land on my wheels without having to self-right try to run right back in and attack him while his spinner’s slowed down. If I land inverted and self-right back off until I’m at full speed again, but it he gets too aggressive going for a followup and leaves himself open, take the opportunity to counterattack. If I get under him, that’s 5-point corner damage. Every hit is a potential knockout, and I can chain hits just as easily as he can. Go for a followup, especially if he’s inverted. His lifting arm will be slow to right him, and for part of the process he’ll be high-centered. Basically I have a lot more margin for error than he does.

This is assuming he has his weapon in front of him. If he’s got it up in “backhand” position, still try to get around it. Downward-spinning weapons make gyrodancing much less controllable because wheel lift while turning forwards will make the turn faster, not slower and could send him out of control, and his weapon’s pretty narrow.

Good Luck etc. Etc.