CBC3 LW Week 9: Twin Typhoons vs Tiny Torque

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

CBC3 LW Week 9: Twin Typhoons vs Tiny Torque

Post by Tcrrr » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:09 am

Tiny Torque:
8 speed
8 traction
3 torque
0 weapon
11 armor (+2 plow)

Twin Typhoons:
Speed: 13
Traction: 1 (4 whilst Meltying)
Torque: 1
Weapon: 1
Armor: 8 (+2 to thwack teeth)

I'll go in playing offensively, and I'll push one half of the cluster into each other, as that will cause them to break each other, and they will stop spinning after too much damage occurs to them. They are (mostly) useless whilst not spinning, so after they stop spinning I'll go in and slam them around and into the house bots. If they are still spinning, I'll push them into each other until they won't be able to spin. Once they are done for and not spinning, I'll push them into the lobotomizers, and the Bonesaws. If he decides to try to take off one my wheels, I'll make sure I don't let either one of them can get near them, as I'll be pushing them into each other. If one of them is dead, I'll take the remaining robot and push it to the house robots, so they can do as they will.

Good Luck Tri

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: CBC3 LW Week 9: Twin Typhoons vs Tiny Torque

Post by Trihunter » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:59 am

First of all, fuck Asylum.

Just have both bots use their speed to get into the main bit and spin up a ways away from one another. Aim for one-two punches again, tracking how Tiny moves, and learning their pattern, adapting to it. It's not likely that we'd be able to drive around the side with low speed, so instead rely on knockback. The Asylum is full of plenty nasty hazards, so try to strike with such positioning that Tiny goes flying, towards the other twin (in which case try to follow up with a strike on their chassis) or into hazards. Try to keep both halves of the twins away from walls and doors, dodging away if kept spun down using our speed as best as possible, using the other twin to draw aggro by pressuring with another strike to throw them away. If Tiny tries to go for a collateral kill on us (it seems like a popular thing to do so far in this tourney), try to have the scooped one dismount Tiny if possible as the other takes evasive actions, spinning down if need be to dodge out of the way. Perhaps even matador them into a hazard or something, could be fun.

tl;dr: Exploit the fuck out of knockback, wombo combo, avoid hard surfaces.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)