CBC LW Week 9: Carnivore vs. Hobart 2: Fear Naught

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC LW Week 9: Carnivore vs. Hobart 2: Fear Naught

Post by Rocket » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:44 am

CarnivoreHobart 2: Fear Naught
ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 7
Traction: 6Traction: 4+1=5
Torque: 2Torque: 1
Weapon: 3Weapon: 14
Armour: 12 (+2 rear wedges)Armour: 4 (+2 weapon)
Payload: Flails.
Wedgelets: OFF.
Spin Direction: Downward

This should be a good fight, at least in part because Carnivore's got nothing against my flails. The rear wedges don't block overhead attacks at all and everywhere else is taking 6 corner damage, including the forks. His drivetrain is marginally better, but we're matched for top speed so there's no way he's getting around to my sides.

When the battle starts, push through the hospital doors and then spin up. Once I am, get on him and stay on him. Either he takes me on with the front forks, which will get pounded into nothingness in short order by the flails when I angle in on them, or he takes me on with the too-steep rear wedges and takes a shedload of hits to the top armour. I'm not getting underneath him, though, so the plan is therefore to push forward and beat the shit out of his fork mechanism. Again, they're taking 6 corner damage, so they're not gonna last long.

His plan is probably going to involve feeding me to the hazards, and since I'm not going in with a wedge he's almost guaranteed to get underneath me. The question is this: can his forks, top armour, and drivetrain last long enough to implement that strategy, especially since I'm not going to just let him push me around. I'll keep piling the hits on him, but if it looks like he's gonna try and feed me into the walls, hazards, or whatever, then I'll J-hook off towards the side furthest from any hazards or walls and back off a little bit, spin up, and get stuck in again. Hopefully this'll get Carnivore dealt with.

Good luck, Gulden, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

GuldenFlame

Re: CBC LW Week 9: Carnivore vs. Hobart 2: Fear Naught

Post by GuldenFlame » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:03 am

Since they don't have their wedgelets on, I should be able to get under them with the rear wedge, which is necessary for this fight. My front probably won't be able to take hits from their weapon. Well, that's probably wrong, but I don't know how flails work.

This arena confuses the heck out of me, but as far as I can tell, I need to open the doors and shove my opponent through them to get to the pits at the edges of the arena by tipping them over the wall.

So all out aggression in an attempt to achieve that goal is the name of the game.

Good luck to my foe.
Team Loading...

I have nothing noteworthy to show you.