CBC HW WK 8: Coup de Grâce IV vs Death Metal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

CBC HW WK 8: Coup de Grâce IV vs Death Metal

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:33 pm

Coup de Grâce IVDeath Metal
ImageImage
Speed: 5 Speed: 5
Traction: 3 Traction: 2
Torque: 1 Torque: 1
Weapon: 13 Weapon: 15
Armour: 8 (+2 front including the spheres on the sides) Armour: 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You again?!

And, yes, this is the perfect arena for us to wreak havoc in-no house robots, no hazards (save for the corner OOTA zones).

No Bullshit

*starting inverted*-c'mon, I know you saw that coming

Start out of my square and spin up, however, I will run at 3/4 power as to not completely lose traction, and approach CDG. If he also approaches me, turn up weapon to full power, but don't attack directly. I'll let the weapon gyro swing me around to get at his sides (and avoid a direct hammer strike. The front of my weapon supports could take a few hits, but my chassis would likely not. Also, the areas behind the gray front armor on CDG have only 6 armor (and his wheels are close to the sides). If I can swing around and connect, then that whole side will be disabled just from one hit (and even hitting the bonused areas results in 5 damage). I land an impact, then turn down the weapon to minimize the gyro effect and regain traction. If Coup chases after me, get the weapon back to full speed and swing around again to attack his sides. I should not need more than a few hits to disable CDG and once he is disabled, go in for the kill. All the while avoiding a hammer strike to my chassis. key for me here is to remain unpredictable in my attacks and not line myself up in the 'strike zone'.

Also, I'll try to avoid the areas near the starting squares with the low walls, and don't fall for Coup baiting me into those corners-wait him out.

GL, Wolf!

Wolf51-50

Re: CBC HW WK 8: Coup de Grâce IV vs Death Metal

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:46 pm

Forks off

We've both taken shots at eachother. Who's gonna take it this time? :P

15 weapon doesn't look pretty for my 10 armor wedge. But then again, neither does 14 weapon on 7 armor. So let's try this. I have that tiny advantage in control while Death Metal has to swing that bigboi weapon around. Turn in the direction of the blade spin so it only grazes against my wedge. Won't be pretty, but she'll skip off my wedge and cause the rest of her body to turn at an angle. Once that opening is there, fire the hammer. One hit to the chassis is all I need and even a hit to the supports will make her weapon useless.
If angling into the spin isn't an option? Full steam ahead, fire in the hole. She might start the fight inverted to skip over the wedge, but I actually have a lot more protection this time with a taller wedge, steep enclosed polycarb, and that bump on my wedge isn't just there to stop my hammer. It's a big piece of sacrificial armor that she's bound to hit instead. Take the hit, watch the blade, and hit the weapon support. She needs to scrape through a thick wedge while I just need a hit to the top. Watch that blade, and become more aggressive if it is slowed down by my wedge or continuous use. Be smart when firing the weapon as I don't want to lose my own weapon. I know Shaba also likes to go in with her back end first and swing the blade around, but I don't think she'll do that this time. Cause one hit to the back = nighty night, mate. If she does, surprise her with a slam from my front before she can turn (even if she does complete it, I have two spheres of flat surface to hit)

Be smart, but stay aggressive and swing the hammer when I see that perfect opening. If the match ends in a KO, celebrate by smashing giant holes in the wood floor. Eat a dick Alex :V (jk luv ya fam, but I won't be sorry about the floor)

Good luck Danielle!