CBC Week 8 SHW: Starfish Prime vs. Triple 6

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC Week 8 SHW: Starfish Prime vs. Triple 6

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:21 am

Starfish PrimeTriple 6
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 6
Traction: 3Traction: 5
Torque: 1Torque: 2
Weapon: 15Weapon: 7
Armour: 7Armour: 10

USING SYMMETRICAL BAR CONFIG.

Start inverted. Spin up and get away from the walls, then once I’m up to speed, attack!

Triple 6 has great frontal armor, but look at the shape of the flipper. With a high-up blade I should be able to hit above the angled side panels and sideswipe the arm (corner damage), or skip off the wedge and hit the chassis, which could do a LOT of damage. To maximize the chances of this approach at moderate speed and turn erratically from side to side to throw off attempts to angle into my spin direction.

If I’m turned upright and actually being an undercutter, I want to actually give her a shot at the side on which my tooth is moving backwards as a bait, then try to rapidly move forward and pivot to hit as far to the side as possible. This also encourages her to go for flips, which has a chance of flipping me into a better orientation, or leaving her WIDE open and possibly inverted if she misses.

She’s got a VERY powerful flipper. However, this arena’s OOTA zones are narrow and have a support pillar in the middle, and I have a weapon which will tend to hit either her flipper or the floor, making things very unpredictable. Going for three-pointers is going to be very difficult for her. Make it harder by hanging out either in the middle of the arena or relatively close to the middles of the walls.

What she doesn’t have is a big speed advantage: effective 8 speed vs. 6, equal control. This should make it significantly easier to avoid contact while I’m spinning back up after impacts, and she definitely can’t get around my weapon. Use typical hit-and-run spinner tactics, and turn the weapon off after big hits or flips until I’m back in control.

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: CBC Week 8 SHW: Starfish Prime vs. Triple 6

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:48 pm

Race out of my square and try to engage SP by his square and go in and hit 'em with the flipper. +2 on the flipper front portion should allow me to take at least a few hits and even if it gets bent some, it's not like SP is a low wedge. Get in there, pop him, hopefully get a quick OOTA. If not the OOTA, pop him, get his weapon slowed down, and keep popping him before he gets fully up to speed again (he is invertable). Also, don't fall for baiting tactics that might expose my sides to him-I run a tombclone and I know those tactics, not to mention, but SP is also a fair bit shorter than Tombstone and does not possess the same kind of 'reach' with its weapon.

If my flipper gets too damaged or I run out of gas, just protect my sides as much as possible, ram him and try to get him into a corner-use my torque to possibly get him over the low walls that way. Nonetheless, keep up my aggression and keep his weapon from getting to full speed as much as I can.

GL, HfL!