CBC HW Week 8: Dreadnought Mk. IV vs. Tabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC HW Week 8: Dreadnought Mk. IV vs. Tabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One

Post by Rocket » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:29 am

Dreadnought Mk. IVTabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One
ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 6
Traction: 6Traction: 4
Torque: 3Torque: 3
Weapon: 3Weapon: 7 (5 turret / 5 lifter)
Armour: 11Armour: 10 (+2 lifter)

Wedge fight. Joy.

Tabor's sporting the spatula for this one. I can't see Dreadnought opting for hinged forks against a pressing wedge, but if he does the beak's narrow enough to slip between the wedgelets. My biggest advantage over Dreadnought, however, is this: my wedge is way more manoeuvrable than his is, courtesy of the turret, and that means I'll be better able to position and focus my attacks. I can nearly always force the type of collision I want, which is useful in a control-centric battle.

When the battle starts, rush near the walls for potential OOTAs, either through my lifter or his self-righting mishaps. I'll be positioning Tabor aggressively to force Dreadnought into a choice between making inopportune attacks or leaving himself open for attacks of my own. However, I won't be reckless about it; I don't want to get flanked by being overly aggressive. When Dreadnought makes an attack on me, it's time to counter-angle and press, hoping that I win the wedge war.

If I manage to get underneath Dreadnought, whether through direct attack or a counterattack, I need to immediately push forward and lift him up. This should turn him over before he has time to J-hook away. Once he's overturned, press down with the flipper to keep him in place since he isn't invertable and shove him to the walls. Once he's there, back off just enough that he can self-right; since he's a front-hinged flipper, that should (if I've positioned him right) catapult him three feet into the air and OOTA. If he stays inside, stay on him and keep him in the corner to neutralise his speed advantage.

If he manages to get under me, I have an extra second or two to try and J-hook off due to exactly where my wedge is. Indeed, even if he gets under my plough, there's a small chance he won't get under the hinged skirts around the main chassis, which would be nice but isn't something I can rely on. Turning and backing off is the order of the day here, hopefully giving me a chance to reset or even possibly counter before I get flipped. If I do get flipped, I can self-right very fast thanks to my fast-acting lifter, and I can also spin myself out of the way due to the turret.

Obligatory "don't drive like a suicidal parsnip" here.

Good luck, GF, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC HW Week 8: Dreadnought Mk. IV vs. Tabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:21 pm

Solid Wedge Tip.
______
STAT COMPARISON
Tabor Mk3
Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 3
Weapon: 7, 5/5 (Electric Lifting Scoop mounted on 360-degree Turret)
Armour: 10 (+2 to weapon)

Dreadnought Mk4
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3 (Pneumatic Front-Hinged Flipper)
Armour: 11
______
This new Tabor has an interesting defensive setup with the turret-mounted scoop and decent speed/torque, so I must be careful not to get cornered. However, it’s still pretty cumbersome because it relies predominantly on an exploitable weapon; it can be fooled with unpredictable movement, it still doesn’t really have anything to stop it tipping over when it lifts besides fairly flimsy-looking hinged skirts, and can be comboed due to its self-righting becoming a necessity with it not being invertible. It's also slower, both the skirts/scoop can be slipped right under from the corners, and with the wheels all under the chassis, it won't easily be able to escape wedging.

Being both tricky and aggressive as needed will be the way to go. Move out quickly, feint an approach toward his corners, and watch as I do to see how his scoop works. If he doesn’t turn and I'm sufficiently close, go under and flip him. If he turns to face me, continue approaching to bait him; immediately reverse off the moment he starts to lift up, then dive under the main body while his scoop’s up. If he just pushes, reverse j-turn away to the side and attack from the side/behind. Mix up all approaches as needed, and if I have a clear shot at the body, go for the corners/sides of the scoop!

In any case; flip him over when I'm underneath, then full-on aggression! Keep underneath and ideally him flipped, copy his movements if he tries driving off/escaping, actively interfere with self-righting by ramming and/or popping him back over, and herd him near the walls/corners to limit his movement. Squash/flip him up against the walls to wear down the clock (watch out he tries climbing off; move with him if so!), and go for the OOTA!

Defence mostly means watching him constantly and acting with the scoop; dodge and counter the moment he starts to lift, reverse u-turn either way if he pushes, attack the body directly if he presses, and don’t get drawn in if he turtles. Keep constantly moving and unpredictable in my approaches, keep to the middle to avoid being trapped, self-right and get away immediately if flipped, only flip directly under the main body, and always leave an escape route to fall back on. Be as slippery as possible throughout, and when I gain the advantage, keep pressing and don’t let him recover!

Good luck!