CBC MW WK 7: Harpy vs Carbonemys

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

CBC MW WK 7: Harpy vs Carbonemys

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:50 pm

Harpy1Carbonemys
Imageviewtopic.php?f=9&t=8773#p70749
Speed: 8 Speed: 4
Traction: 8 Traction: 1+1
Torque: 3 Torque: 1
Weapon: 0 Weapon: 15+1
Armour: 11 (+2 plow/spikes) Armour: 9 armour (+1 plow or +1 weapon)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First things first-a direct hit from Carbonemy's hammer is certain to result in a OHKO...

...but, I have ways of preventing this from happening.

First, yes, the hammer can impact either front or back, but it still has a very narrow 'kill zone', while I have a perfect control ratio as well as a torque advantage. Yes, he is aided in traction by his treads, it still does not make him any faster. I still have double the speed and I also have 60/40% wedging ability in getting my spikes under his wedges. I should be able to get in under them while avoiding the hammer 'strike zone', and use my torque to shove him into the flying saucers (which hopefully can do damage to his treads).

First things first, however-blast outta my square and 'blast off' over the r....hmmm wait. That's what he wants me to do *wink*.

Nah, I'll drive around either side and meet him in a more controlled manner. He can't exactly corner camp due to the hazards, and if he does so on the ramp, then, hey-he can't stay up there forever (and that would make for a very boring match). So, drive smart and get in on a corner of the turtle and control him. He'll probably swing away with his hammer to break free-in that case, back away and regroup before re-engaging. Keep going at his corners-or even the sides, if the opportunity presents itself. Shove him into the flying saucers to gain some sort of damage-namely his treads, or the immobilizers, or just the plain ole' wall. It all boils down on being able to control Carbonemy's while avoiding that death-blow of a hammer!

Other than that, avoid driving into hazards myself, avoid the ramp, and keep my control perfect.

GL, Alex!

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: CBC MW WK 7: Harpy vs Carbonemys

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:07 pm

Carbonemys: 4 speed / 1+1 traction / 1 torque / 15+1 weapon / 9 armour (+1 shields)

vs.

Harpy: 8 speed / 8 traction / 3 torque / 0 weapon / 11 armour (+2 spikes)

Fights and arenas like this are why I gave turtle an actual drivetrain (albeit not the fastest one) instead of going the turret route. Harpy will have a 60-40 wedge advantage, but has no way to high center me, no weapon to threaten me with, and pushes with 3 speed, allowing me to both counterattack while wedged and, crucially, to j-hook free or jar myself loose with a hammer blow if she’s pushing me into the Flying Saucers to mess up my vulnerable tracks.

There was talk about this before but, regardless of how we choose to interpret the armour and config rules, the bottom line is that I do catastrophic or near-catastrophic damage to Harpy with each blow (either five or seven). She’s heavily optimized for stuffing spinners and outdriving other wedges. By necessity, her offense relies on maintaining contact to push me but, paradoxically, she also can’t take more than a couple of hits. My job is to deliver those.

I’ll get angled in on. I’ll get wedged. With a 10-6 speed advantage, she may even flank, but she still has to push me wherever she’s taking me at 3 speed. The essence of Carbonemys is to be a counterpuncher, so do that! I can pivot while being pushed so that I’m squared, unload with the hammer, and either that jars me loose or I hook away before she can deliver me to the hazards. Obviously, don’t be dumb. Leave room for error. Worse comes to worst, I can still drive – poorly – on my road wheels if a track is thrown. I shouldn’t let it get to that point, though.

If she’s playing things super cautious and cagey, take the offensive and be aggressive. She has to survive 3 minutes in there with a bot that can potentially OHKO her. Defensively, always avoid being both close to the saucers and between her and them.

As for the ramp, we have a handshake agreement to let each other go for the achievement. I’m cool with that, but just be wary and ready in case she goes back on it. Reverse over the ramp so that, when I go over, my back is against the wall and my wedge is pointing in the opposite side which she'll likely be rushing over from. If I have time, maneuver myself far from the Saucers and square up with her.

Good luck!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!