Chronic Jobber vs Harbinger

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Chronic Jobber vs Harbinger

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:17 pm

WE ARE LIMITLESS

-Using the plow for this one for obvious reasons. Even with the extra armor, that disc will hurt so it'll be about limiting his opportunities for using it.

-Move out around the ramp and scope him out. As long as he isn't doing something weird like hiding on the ramp or trying to camp near a hazard, just charge him down with the plow. From there try to slam him into a wall/hazard and keep him pinned.

-I want to try and keep on him oppressively as much I can and not give him room/time to get the weapon back up to speed. Sufficient time spent keeping him at a hazard could compromise his drive or weapon and make things much simpler for me.

-If he's fairly out in the open at some point I might have a chance at speeding around and getting to his rear where I can try to wedge/push him without having do deal with the disc AND have the chance to slam him disc first into a wall or hazard and put additional strain on it.

-Save the thwack for any defensive purposes, mostly if I need to sacrifice something to his disc to try and free up a clean wedge/slam if my plow is getting too beat up.

-Avoid any ramp nonsense if he tries to camp on that, wait for him to come down and be ready to swoop on him immediately when he does.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Hiicantpk

Re: Chronic Jobber vs Harbinger

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:55 pm

Chronic JobberHarbinger
Speed: 4Speed: 9
Traction: 2Traction: 8
Torque: 1Torque: 4
Weapon: 16Weapon: 0
Armour: 7Armour: 9 (+2 Plow)
Using the Disc spinner, starting Inverted.

11 armour plow? meet 16 armour disc spinner. That ramp can be annoying though and I'm starting upside down so I don't get high centered going up it or just drive my disc right into it.

Start facing the ramp, spin up and wait. Harby can either come from one of the sides or go over the ramp. If they come from the side, he should be pushing against the two parts of my bot's body that keep his wedge away from my wheel, which will (probably) let me hook off the front of his wedge and bring my disc right onto the side of their wedge. Who knows, with 11 armour I could realisticly rip the wedge off (probably). If they come over the ramp, they might end up landing on my disc and thats a lot of pain especially for a 7 body armour bot.
The only other option I can predict is they go around but instead of wedging my they go for a thwack with the tail. In that case, do my best to rotate with the blade and hit the hammer thwack as they try to hit me. Again, 7? armour thwack against 16 weapon is yikes

Afterwards just keep my disc facing them best I can and git er done
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57