CBC3 LW Week 7: Ayame vs Evil Destroyer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC3 LW Week 7: Ayame vs Evil Destroyer

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:43 pm

AyameEvil Destroyer
ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 1
Traction: 7Traction: 1
Torque: 2Torque: 1
Weapon: 2Weapon: 21(15 Spinnah/5 Turret/1 Telescopic lifter)
Armour: 11Armour: 7
I didn't know what Ayame was until now, i am not surprised...Undercutter Bar Thing
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC3 LW Week 7: Ayame vs Evil Destroyer

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:04 pm

I deal 4 damage at full power, enough to break things after repeated hits.
Ayame is way faster, but not faster than my turret.
His 2 powered flipper will have a hard time flipping me, because of my extra weight and size and it's 2-powered. If he comes from my front the srimech bar will make it even harder to get the flip.
My weapon isn't massively big so i shouldn't have much problem reaching full power consistently.

Actual Strategy:
Spin up as much as posible all the time. keep moving at Ayame so it looks like i am being more aggressive. Try to always face him so srimech bar helps me to not get flipped.
Keep my undercutter close to the ground as much as possible, there isn't much to snipe higher up and getting the bar under the flipper is unlikely.
If he is getting close and my weapon isn't at full speed yet use my turret to move it away a little to spin up more and then hit him with it, his flipper isn't very scary.

Avoid the walls and specially the hazards(ramp included). If i get pinned i can position my turret in a way were the bar is free to spin up, raising the lifter my be necessary.

Every now and then (including the first encounter) let an opening for him to get to my body only for me to hit him from the side. This is predictable but i can see what his priorities are and adjust the plan accordingly.
If he goes for the body be more careful about getting flipped and use my spinner even if it isn't at full power if necessary to keep him away.
But if he goes for the spinner, then i will be more aggressive on the 'keep the bar away to spin up' thing, only allowing contact if my weapon is at full power. If his weapon dies also do this.

Eventually the damage will start to stack up and thing are going to break, hopefully something functional dies or his wedge will fall off or get so fuck up that it can't get under anything but any damage dealt is welcome.

Watch out for any cheesy plans Alex V may have, mandatory avoid silly mistakes, be as aggressive a 1 speed bot can be.
GL HF British adversary, may the best bot driver win.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC3 LW Week 7: Ayame vs Evil Destroyer

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:43 pm

________
STAT COMPARISON[\B]

Evil Destroyer
Speed: 1
Traction: 1
Torque: 1
Weapon: 21 – 15/5/1 (Spinning Bar on Horizontal Turret)
Armour: 7
I don’t know what setup he's using, but I should be able to adapt accordingly.

Ayame
Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 2
Weapon: 2 (Rear-hinge Pneumatic Flipper)
Armour: 11
________

An unusual shufflebot with a frightening bar spinner/turret weapon, so I'll need to be careful to avoid getting splattered! However, his armour's soft enough for both the hazards and to a lesser extent his own weapon to damage him, I'm fast enough to literally run rings around him, and his shuffling banks will make it extremely difficult for him to escape being wedged under or cross the ramp.

With that; be both strategic in my approaches, and relentlessly aggressive whenever I gain the upper hand. Move out quickly, and when I get close, feint a box-rush to draw him out into the open. Once he's within range, immediately REVERSE a safe distance away and circle around him from the opposite direction to which his bar is turning. He won’t be able to turn the turret as fast due to gyroscopic forces, so when his bar is facing away from me, swoop in underneath, then get to flipping and/or shoving him. Only fire the flipper when I'm definitely underneath however, and when his bar hits the ground, immediately follow up.

Attacking mostly means keeping underneath and ideally him flipped constantly, and once I've slowed the bar down initially, stopping him from spinning up or escaping. Keep him herded near the sides to limit his movement, squash him into the walls to wear down the clock, and make plenty of use of the hazards; especially the Flying Saucers. Basically, loads of aggression!

Defence is mostly the aggressive kind; actively taking the fight to him and stopping him from spinning up, but watching the position of his bar /turret constantly to avoid being hit unnecessarily. Approach from the opposite side to which his bar turns to stop him swinging it round, and get underneath and out the range immediately. Copy his movements if he tries driving off, don’t flip when I'm not underneath, keep the wedge facing him constantly when attacking, and if he starts turtling in one place; wait nearby for him to move, then attack once he's far enough away from the walls.

Good luck!