CBC3 LW: Blood Eagle vs Eudial

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

CBC3 LW: Blood Eagle vs Eudial

Post by Madman » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:33 pm

Blood EagleEudial II

Blood Eagle by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab
Speed: 4Speed: 4
Traction: 2Traction: 3
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 15
Armour: 7Armour: 7 (+1 bar)

The single most important question in a match between two slow, hard-hitting spinners is who has the head-to-head weapon advantage, since ain't neither of us flanking. The answer is Blood Eagle. 16/11 vs 15/10. I do enough damage to his blade to potentially disable it in a single hit. It'll take him a decent number to disable mine.

Pretty sure that neither of us wants to mess with the ramp. I have the ground clearance and design to laugh at it if I'm not spinning but, if I am, my weapon will hit it and I'll dance. NTY. He might even get high-centered on it. It's hard to say.

Overall, I just want to spin up, stay spinning and in open space with my weapon facing him, and hit him, weapon to weapon or possibly using my range advantage to slip right under his at the right angle.

The only potential danger comes from those Flying Saucer hazards, which could conceivably take a wheel off me if I recoil into them at the exact wrong angle. It's pretty unlikely, but it's probably going to be a big part of his strategy. So, just don't be dumb and put myself in a position to recoil into them. Meet him away from them or, if he hazard camps, account for directions of spin and hit him so that I'm not being tossed in that direction.

If he's clearly done for an being counted out, turn off the blade and charge over the ramp in reverse. I want that achievement!

TL;DR: I have the w2w advantage. Avoid ramp and flying saucers, stay in open space, be aggressive and hit him 'til he breaks.

GL fam
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: CBC3 LW: Blood Eagle vs Eudial

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:52 pm

Eudial: 4/3/1/15/7 (+1 blade)

vs.

Blood Eagle: 4/2/1/16/7

Laz is yelling at me to RP. Yay for inheriting bots! Anyways, on the surface, I'd appear to be pretty screwed here. He has a slight weapon-to-weapon advantage. However, of note are the hazards in Shooting Star. The Flying Saucers can take one of his wheels off, so my focus is going to be making him recoil into those. He probably expects it, so don't make shit as obvious as camping them.

The Immobilizers aren't useless either. He'll probably be so busy trying to avoid the Saucers, so I can recoil him into those. Assuming he goes undercutter, they'll interrupt his weapon and cause him to go funky all over the arena, allowing me to chase him down and giving me a free shot at him while spun down. If he goes overcutter, my weapon should be able to uppercut his due to its angle and hurl him.

Good luck, you little shit. <3
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!