Vortex 3 vs Lethal Carriageway Mk3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Vortex 3 vs Lethal Carriageway Mk3

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:51 am

Battle of the third carnation of each other's robot, and both British except it's an England vs Scotland match :P. Vortex 3's weapon is not strong enough to damage my armour so I have the upper hand for survivability, unless I get hit badly by the hazards.

At the start of the match I want to immediately go over the ramp and close down on Vortex. I want to attempt to attacking him head on and gain enough momentum to get underneath Vortex. and use my forks to raise him off the arena floor. If this is successful then immediately take Vortex to the Flying Saucer hazards and rapidly slam him against the hazard. Make Vortex act as a shield to protect myself from self infliction.

I'll keep applying the pressure against Vortex and aim to keep on getting underneath him and take him to the flying saucer hazards.

Good luck and may the best British bot win. As long as we don't suffer from Brexit :p!

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: Vortex 3 vs Lethal Carriageway Mk3

Post by Noisy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Vortex - Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 7 (Lifter: 5 / Drum: 5) / Armour: 10 (+1 front wedge) - https://i.imgur.com/GlWOMPE.png

Lethal Carriageway - Speed: 5 / Traction: 4 / Armour: 6 / Weapon: 14 (Disc 13, Arm 1) / Torque: 1 - https://i.imgur.com/rr75XRG.jpg

LC is quite a similar bot to my own Vertigo 3 with 4WD and arm mounted vertical spinner. I am more manoeuvrable and slightly faster and won't have trouble of gyro effects due to the unique use of my weapon. My front wedge is only -2 to his weapon so should hold up quite well for some time as long as I don't get greedy with it.

At the start, rush out and start circling him, trying to get him to gyro up slightly on two wheels then rush in when his side is exposed. Spin the drum up whilst pushing him towards the wall and launch it just before hitting the wall. Then push him towards the hazards in the corners, keep the lifter up if I need to keep him off his wheels. Keep the front facing him at all times.