CBC MW Week 7: Dragonfist vs. I Suck At Names

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC MW Week 7: Dragonfist vs. I Suck At Names

Post by Rocket » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:51 am

DragonfistI Suck At Names
ImageImage
Speed: 3Speed: 4
Traction: 1Traction: 3+1
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 16 (15/1 or 13/3 spinner/lifter splits)
Armour: 9Armour: 6

So this is probably the best matchup for me in the division: ISAN's a powerful spinner, but I outrange its weapon to a considerable degree and its armour is, er, 6. So, it's time to get spinning 2 get winning.

From the moment the battle starts, spin up and move around towards ISAN's starting square at the same time, heading towards him at the same time he's heading towards me. When he's coming close to my flail radius, move forward on a diagonal line and try to just smash his tracks in or knock his bar off. I do 7 total corner damage with the flails and that's a nasty thing to do to the chassis around the tracks. It also means I've got a good shot at sniping that exposed weapon belt. Still, ISAN isn't gonna be taking many hits, and my weapon is both more powerful and (as mentioned above) has a much greater range, as well as having a much larger area of effect with my attacks.

Good luck, Ys, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC MW Week 7: Dragonfist vs. I Suck At Names

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:58 pm

MAIN CONFIG SO 15 SPINNER/1 LIFTER SPLIT

Attack with the no wedge side(shown above)
Alright, she has 16 weapon power against my 10 weapon armor while i have 15 to face her 11 weapon armor.
Those numbers aren't exactly in my favor, in fact, i whould be surprised if my spinner lasts more than 2 weapon-to-weapon hits.
So i must do something to the weapon in a few hits. Breaking a flail should unbalance the weapon, good enough for me to engage fully. If i do break one try to not break to other as it may re-balance the spinner. Should that happen, i shall move my weapon up to hit on the upper section of the shell, where there is less teeth.

Plan-A: DA RAMP, Dragonfish's flails will hit the ramp, so she can't get close nor get on it without at least slowing down her weapon. So i will get on top of the ramp, the side facing away from DF, while being careful to NOT hit the ramp with my own(lifter helps). If her flail hit the ramp it should slow them a bit(the angle will de-stabilize her a bit) giving me an opportunity to attack and survive, try to attack at a high angle so the flails don't wrap around and hit my sides(more details later).
Also if she stays close to the ramp, I can try to hit her from above, potentially hitting the weaker chain relatively safely(be careful while doing this)

Plan-B: If ramp doesn't work, get to full power and approach carefully. When im pretty close turn right(DF spins CW, otherwise turn left) so i can attack at a very high angle. I want those flails to go straight at me instead of sideways so i can land a good hit on the flail itself. the very end of the chain is weaker so it's ideal but is trickier to hit also, hitting the middle of the chain whould make the flail wrap around and hit my side, so avoid that.
Anyways a hit like this will throw (if not break) the flail upwards, de-stabilizing thus giving me a bit more time to spin up again for another hit before DF can do the same.

Once a flail is gone, she shouldn't be able to properly reach full power, so the fight should be easier from there. But i shouldn't let my guard low.

Don't mess with other hazards.
GLHF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53