CBC HW - Hellfire v Dreadnought Mk 4

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

CBC HW - Hellfire v Dreadnought Mk 4

Post by Noisy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Hellfire -https://i.imgur.com/s1LWOZY.png

Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 6 / Armour: 11

Dreadnought Mk4 - https://i.ibb.co/KX0p9zk/dmk4-2.png

Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 3 / Armour: 11 / Weapon: 3 (Pneumatic Front-Hinged Flipper running on Low Pressure)

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: CBC HW - Hellfire v Dreadnought Mk 4

Post by Noisy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:45 pm

I should have the wedging advantage as I have the spatula attached to the flipper while he has small wedglets at the base of his front. Our flipper systems are different in that I have a rear hinged, high pressure pneumatics with an unattached ram for big, powerful launches while his is a front hinged, low pressure system for more flips throughout the fight at the cost of overall force. This means I can throw him further and higher with a better chance for an OOTA than his system. Our armour is identical but my drivetrain is slightly slower.

Plan A - Get under him and push him towards the pit, flipping him as soon as he is in range. If he tries to reverse off, flip him. Chase after him and wait behind him so that when he self rights he lands on my flipper and I can launch him again. Push him around towards the pit and chase after him.

Plan B - Wedge him and push him into the hazards. Save gas and don't flip until the last minute of the fight. Just push and take him to the hammers and the spinner (careful not to drive myself into the spinner) or just pin him against a wall to count down the clock. Flip him when I get told to unpin him.

Start with Plan A until I'm at about 50% gas then go to Plan B so I have enough gas to self right and can still fight him in the final minute.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC HW - Hellfire v Dreadnought Mk 4

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:59 pm

Solid Wedge/No Wedgelets.
______
STAT COMPARISON
Hellfire
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 6 (Rear-Hinge Pneumatic Flipper with tongue)
Armour: 11

Dreadnought MK4
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3 (Front-Hinge Pneumatic Flipper)
Armour: 11
______
Nice big powerful flipper, and it's got the extending tongue for additional range. We're about the same for defence, but my regular 2WD wedge is more reliable than his more narrow one with exposed corners and a long extension that’s vulnerable to flanking. I'm also faster, more agile and can push/accelerate better, on top of having easier controllability and self-righting with my flipper’s more manageable power.

So here, I'll want to be both aggressive and strategic. Move out quickly, attack from the corners/sides and sides of the spatula to get underneath early on, and flip. If it’s not working, mix it up in other ways as necessary; quickly cutting across the tongue or reverse j-turning off to bait it into mis-firing, or monster-trucking over the top with my stronger drive. However I get round and flip though, don’t fire unless I'm definitely underneath, copy his movements if he tries escaping, and be ready to catch him and get shoving when he self-rights.

Keep underneath and him flipped – this being forced to right himself – as much as possible; actively interfere with all his attempts to self-right by either ramming or parking underneath and popping him back over, squash him into the walls/corners to wear down the clock, use the Hammers to deal damage, and herd him near the sides to limit his movement and cut off any escape routes. Conserve as much gas as I can, and keep the fight away from the Gulag for the first two thirds; then once his gas runs low enough for him to lose the ability to OOTA, try to flip him out!

Defence mostly comes down to good common sense, and knowing when and when not to flip. Keep the front facing him, self-right immediately if flipped and escape to avoid being comboed before continuing, keep well away from the Gulag until later, and actively take the fight to him while keeping my approaches varied to avoid being too predictable. Only fire when he’s definitely under or I have to self-right; conserving as much as gas as I can whilst forcing him to waste all his will be ideal.

Good luck!