CBC3 HW Week 6: Long Arm of the Law vs Bass Drop II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Nighthawk87

CBC3 HW Week 6: Long Arm of the Law vs Bass Drop II

Post by Nighthawk87 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:40 pm

Long Arm of the Law
Speed: 6 Traction: 4 (+1) Torque: 4 Weapon: 4 Armor: 12

Bass Drop II
Speed: 5 Traction: 4 Torque: 1 Weapon: 12 Armor: 8

Well the good news is Bass Drop has no way to cause damage to my bot. Our main strategy will be keeping our front pointed to him at all times while leaving our lifter arm slightly lifted, so as to catch his hammer whenever he swings it. Once the hammer strikes we'll go all forward when he jitters up and scoop him with the wedgelets. Once he's in our hold we'll drive him into the sickles and hammer to hopefully cause him some damage. We won't waste our time trying to get him in the gulag, those sloped walls will be too much of a challenge to push him over.

For style points we will try to snag his hammer on the hook of our lifting arm by going at him backwards. Once he's on the hook we'll send the lifting arm up and try to suplex him over. If this part of the plan doesn't go too well we'll give up on trying to make that magic happen, no need to waste time on a plan that might work vs a plan that's more likely to go well. If he does get stuck on the hook but can't go over for the suplex however we will do our usual routine of getting him to the hazards.

So there's my strategy, good luck Hiicantpk!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3

Hiicantpk

Re: CBC3 HW Week 6: Long Arm of the Law vs Bass Drop II

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:39 pm

Uh, they have 12 armour to my 13 weapon
shit

i guess just HAMMER TO THING??????? until the match is over, avoid the hazards and the outside walls/hazards as much as possible and fire away. They don't have much speed over me so they won't be able to easily flank, they're just really torque-y. As long as I stay pointed at them/don't let them get to my side we should be alright i guess
If I get in the pit, assuming I'm not instantly counted out try firing my hammer over the wall in an attempt to pull myself back into the arena.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57