CBC SHW Week 6: Starfish Prime vs. Dysprosinator

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC SHW Week 6: Starfish Prime vs. Dysprosinator

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:42 pm

Starfish PrimeDysprosinator
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 7
Traction: 3Traction: 6
Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 15Weapon: 2
Armour: 7Armour: 12

USING THE CURVED WEAPON BAR.

Start inverted. Turn the weapon on and head South at full speed, gradually moving away from the walls. I want to mostly keep the fight in the southern part of the arena.

I’m starting inverted for a couple reasons. First, his wedge is sturdy but has a weak point: the wedgelets are on hinges that stick out! When I’m up to speed I want to drive straight into him at high-speed and hope my blade skips into those hinges! That should be corner damage, which with enough hits could bend stuff and jam the hinges at a minimum. If he tries to flank, keep turning to face him, but if he rams me off-center, the bar will be higher off the floor at the sides and closer to those hinges!

The second reason’s so that him tilting me a little bit won’t guarantee my bar hits the floor. If he’s able to get under me I should still have a wheel on the floor, so wiggle to avoid hitting the wall and see if I can just spin the bar up, then wiggle off and hit him. Using his lifter will be risky. It’s fairly slow, and if I can slip off and hit him before he lowers it, that’s more free corner damage – and he’s got like no clearance so even a slight bend could jam the thing open, permanently leaving it exposed to my weapon.

Use standard hit-and-run tactics. This arena gives me lots of room to do the latter while I spin back up, but steer clear of Stalin’s Sickle and the walls. Note: the hazards only deal 2-point damage to me. If he’s putting too much pressure on me, try exposing my sides and rear as bait since he can’t damage me and as mentioned I have decent ability to wiggle free. Him messing with my wheels while I’m still accelerating the bar is okay for me.

It won’t be easy for him to flip me upright, but if it happens, try to tear off the forks on his arm and otherwise tear up his wedge as much as I can.

Tl;dr be aggressive when spun up, else retreat. Be tricky and hard-to-control and attack his weak points for maximum damage.

Good Luck Etc.

British-Robotics

Re: CBC SHW Week 6: Starfish Prime vs. Dysprosinator

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:24 am

As the buzzer starts, get out of the starting square and pressurise Starfish, I want to immediately try and kill off the spinning weapon however I don't want to hit Starfish head on since his weapon concerns me. So I'll use my speed and traction and torque advantage to move around Starfish and reach for the back of him and raise my lifter, I want to try and clamp him from the back.

If I successfully clamp him then the first thing i want to to do is to take him to the circle in the middle of the arena quickly incase the bar on Starfish is managing to damage me on the lifter. And by brute force aim to stop or potentially damage Starfishes weapon by hitting the circle.

If the collision makes Starfish bounce away from my lifter's grip then I'll immediately pressurise him, I don't want to give Starfish enough time to start up the weapon again. I have enough speed and traction to easily catch him up to try and clamp my opponent. If I again achieve the clamp again then I'll take him to the Stickles and aim to damage the weapon or his armament.

What I don't want to do is to flip Starfish over since I'm concerned that him as an under cutter could potentially make things worse for me and especially damaging me much easier.

Don't go overly aggressively and make silly mistakes, especially exposing the sides. Also avoid driving myself into the circle or the hazards when trying to pressurise my opponent.

Good luck and may the best bot win.