Carbonemys vs. Vortex 3: Week Five CBC3 Middleweights

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Carbonemys vs. Vortex 3: Week Five CBC3 Middleweights

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:03 pm

Carbonemys: 4 speed / 1+1 traction / 1 torque / 15+1 weapon / 9 armour (+1 plows)
Vs
Vortex 3: 6 speed / 5 traction / 2 torque / 7 weapon (5/5) / 10 armour (+1 wedge)

My awesome battle turtle will be riding into the arena to the sounds of Ride of the Valkyries

I do 7 damage to his chassis, 5 to his wedge, and 4 to his weapons. He does zero. I’m slow (literally a frickin’ turtle) with six units of speed but, with eight himself, his advantage isn’t large, and I shouldn’t need many hits to do the business. In terms of weapon range, we’re even or I have a slight advantage. I’m pretty confident that I’ll be able to hit his chassis. As for wedges, about even again, so he can’t consistently rely on outwedging me. The stakes are a lot higher for him, as well. If I get wedged, I’m eating a flip (he doesn’t have the torque to push me without me j-hooking off) that I can self-right from. If he gets wedged, he’s effectively high-centered (augur drive really doesn’t work well with only a fraction of the treads on the ground) and he’s eating a colossal hammer blow. Finally, there’s the arena: lots of open space, no OOTAs, and few hazards.

How to offset strafing shenanigans? Embrace my destiny and turtle, preferably in one of the corners under the organ. I don’t like it, but it cuts his angles of approach from 360 to 90 degrees, offsetting much of his strafing advantage and making it very hard for him to avoid my hammer. He’ll probably try baiting me so, just be smart and try to time it. If he keeps baiting, dart forward every time that he starts making a move to offset the incoming bait. Overall, I might get baited and flipped a couple of times but I can self-right immediately and avoid the inevitable hazard push. When I score a hit, however, it’ll probably strike either his 4-bar mechanism or one of his augurs, with devastating effect. Even an impact on his wedge will warp it.

If he refuses to come in, engage him in open space instead, avoiding the hazards and firing with extreme aggression. If I struggle to hit him, develop a predictable miss pattern and then change it up partway through. If I get snatched by a gargoyle, avoid severe falling damage by firing immediately to jar myself loose before it can lift me past a couple of feet. Do the same if I’m wedged (or just j-hook off). I’m the one who has the big hammer. He’s locked in there with me and has to survive. Dictate the fight.

GL, my dude. You are a fuckin’ badass just for having the stones to make an augur-drive bot.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: Carbonemys vs. Vortex 3: Week Five CBC3 Middleweights

Post by Noisy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:26 pm

I'm quicker, grip-ier and torque-ier and can strafe to avoid that deadly hammer. Wedges are similar but I'm not going to go in front of this so it doesn't matter. His sides are tracks with no skirts so I can get under him there and push him around.

At the start, drive out and wait for him to go into the centre so I can start strafing and circling him to get to his side. When I get to his side, use just the lifter to put him onto his side and push him into the wall. Keep him on his side and pushing him into walls and, if I have the chance, the gargoyles, for the full fight as one hit from him will end it. Avoid that hammer at all costs, I have double the speed and omni-directional drive so i have no excuse to let him try to corner me. Also be careful when we are around the hazards.