CBC3 MW Week 5: Axe N' Kill vs Harbinger

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

CBC3 MW Week 5: Axe N' Kill vs Harbinger

Post by Billy5545 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:10 am

Axe N' KillHarbinger
ImageImage
[tr][td]Speed: 6[/td][td]Speed: 9[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Traction: 4[/td][td]Traction: 8[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Torque: 1[/td][td]Torque: 4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Weapon: 11 (+1 bonus)[/td][td]Weapon: 0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Armour: 8 (+2 wedge)[/td][td]Armour: 9 (+2 top plate)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Extra: N/A[/td][td]Extra: Wedge config[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Before talking about our strategy, we will request this to be played for our fight:

After HFL led our bot to victory, as we couldn't drive it two weeks ago, we are now facing a thwackbot with a wedge on our own. Reviewing their stats, they have pretty much superior drive than us, being 6 mph faster, as well as having far more traction and torque. They also have pretty strong armor, with a reinforced top plate, which will make it difficult for our axe to break. It doesn't help that they are using their wedge config. Overall, we are not sure if we can win against them

So, for how we will deal with the fight, we will try to approach them carefully, in case they tried to thwack us, due to our exposed wheels. Since they will certainly wedge us, try to land a hit on the wedge at least, hoping to hit the hinge. When we go up to their wedge, try to have our axe attack the wheel when we can reach them, while being careful not to fire our axe on their top plate or if they tried to spin. If they tried to spin however, quickly back up and don't fire our axe, as we are worried of the possibility of our bot being overturned. Also, of course, try to push them when they are spinning, using our wedge to withstand the hits.

As for the hazards, try to avoid driving over them, and use them to our advantage. If we can push them through some reason, like getting to their side when they exposed it for us to push, then we will push them to any hazard which is the nearest when we are pushing them. We hope that the damage caused by the hazards will help us win.

Good luck NWOWWE

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: CBC3 MW Week 5: Axe N' Kill vs Harbinger

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:26 pm

THE FORCES OF THE UNIVERSE BEND TO ME

-Okay I've the wedge set-up for the extra top armor. His hammer will one get 1 point damage against that. Since he doesn't have a reliable way to flip me, or a hazard that can help him do that, there's little chance of him getting a part of my main chassis to hit that isn't well armored against the ax.

-That said, I don't want to give him openings to use that ax if I can help it. I've got 3 speed on him and better overall control. As long as he isn't turtleing around in his starting square, come out and then try to angle in so I don't come directly under the drop zone of that ax. I shouldn't have any issues wedging him, so get under him, and try to shove him towards one of the gargoyle hazards. His main armor is only average, so prolonged hazard exposure during the fight could start causing him serious trouble.

-This arena is open/spacious enough that I can be choosy in attacking him. I need to protect my wedge as much as I can since that is very vulnerable to his weapon. I should have the speed to avoid going directly head on. If he plays defensive near a wall, a good thwack or two should convince him he can't just stay there without repercussions, and get him out in the open where I have more space to maneuver around his ax.

-Try to stay aggressive and get in as much hazard abuse on him as I can. Use the thwack if I need to knock him away at any point.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.