CBC LW Week 5: Hobart 2: Fear Naught vs. The Beast From The West II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC LW Week 5: Hobart 2: Fear Naught vs. The Beast From The West II

Post by Rocket » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:59 am

Hobart 2: Fear Naught (tracked vertical spinnaaaaaaaaah)
Speed: 7 | Traction: 4+1 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 14 | Armour: 4 (+2 weapon) | Payload: Drum | Spin Direction: Conventional | Hinged Wedgelets ON

The Beast From The West II (4WD whiplash-style VS)
Speed: 5 | Traction: 4 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 14 (13 disc / 1 lifting arm) | Armour: 6 | 4WD Static/Hinged
So, we're in Gothiq for this one. It's certainly an arena that works well for powerful spinners, especially ones with good drivetrains. That's good news for Beast, but even better news for Hobart, the fastest drum in the west. Let's get this show on the road!

When the buzzer starts, spin up and immediately start trying to get around to the sides. One solid hit from the drum will take him out in very short order, though the same is obviously true for the only robot held together by papier maché and string. I'm faster, I hit harder, and I can get under him more easily thanks to the wedgelets beating out the fixed wedges on his front. He's probably going to be trying the same for me, but my drum is actually very well armoured and I come off better by a lot in weapon-to-weapon hits. Not only do I do more damage straight up - 4 vs. his 3 - but he only deals marginally more shock damage at 5 (rounded down as per the rules) to 4.

I'm going to try and get to his sides and back, obviously, but I'm happy to accept a head-on collision if that's obviously not working. If I do get a good hit off, I want to make SURE he isn't coming back. Stay aggressive and keep on him like flies on shit. If I can, chain hit him until he's spraying important electrical gubbins all over the arena. This needs to be a statement win if I want to keep my playoff hopes alive.

Obligatory "don't drive like a complete pelican" remark.

Good luck, TBR, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

British-Robotics

Re: CBC LW Week 5: Hobart 2: Fear Naught vs. The Beast From The West II

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:27 pm

As the buzzer starts I want to spin up my weapon immediately, move out of my start square from the different direction and prevent Hobart from trying to reach the sides or the back of me. Attacking him head on at the front would be suicidal so I'll have to avoid going anywhere near that front and move around the arena at all times especially in the middle.

If the plan is working then I'll leave my weapon spinning and pounce to the exposed side panels of Hobart when the opportunity is there, stay protected from the side and back and make sure i'm facing my weapon at Hobart. I want be aggressive in this match in order to pressurise him.

If I successfully make a decent hit on the side of Hobart which could potentially make him go on one wheel direction, I do not want to give him time trying to catch me from the "one drive move" trap. Go hell for leather and show no mercy.

Good luck mate and may the best robot win. :)