CBC HW - Something Something Clusterbot v Hellfire

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

CBC HW - Something Something Clusterbot v Hellfire

Post by Noisy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:40 pm

Something Something Clusterbot - https://i.imgur.com/1F3vv89.png

Stats (x2): Speed: 9 / Traction: 8 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 3 (2 for each) / Armor: 1

Hellfire - https://i.imgur.com/s1LWOZY.png

Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 6 / Armour: 11

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: CBC HW - Something Something Clusterbot v Hellfire

Post by Noisy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:52 pm

They are faster but only have 1 armour which means my flipper(!!) can damage them and they're only half the weight so they will also go flying. They are very quick but my design is going to make it very difficult for them to use there speed and weapon. My spatula tongue should get under their forks but if they do get under, my wheels are mounted at the back edge of the chassis so I can still reverse off and my skirts will stop them getting under my sides.

At the start, go to the main part of the arena and stay in the centre. Keep the flipper facing them and if they split up, run down the one closest to a hazard. Use my flipping power to feed them to the hazards, reversing away and chasing the other half once I've flipped one into a hazard. I'm not going to be specific in what hazard I'll aim for, whatever is nearest will do. Avoid all hazards and if I get wedged reverse off.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC HW - Something Something Clusterbot v Hellfire

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:25 pm

Using the thing that i forgot last time that keeps both bots from falling on their faces, you know what things.

Each of my bots has a huge drive advantage, but that flipper will deal a lot of damage to them so toughing it is a big no no.

My bots will start with the purple in front of the blue, but with purple's lifter and clamp 90° up and with both bots facing each other.
The fight will start with blue clamping it's mate and then using it as a way to press the nearest trigger for the pit while ignoring the rollers. After pressing the button blue will pull out purple and then they will split up and go past Hellfire if necessary (ideally each going through each of it's sides) only to press the other the other trigger using the same method(and then pull out, returning purple to it's normal position).
Now the pit is opened forever and the actual fight can begin.

AVOID THE HAZARDS AND HF'S FLIPPER AT ALL TIMES. I need to be alive to win.

Open the clamp with both bots and try to keep the fight in the middle section of the arena. If it's safe enough, have the Somethings split up and strafe towards both sides of Hellfire while always facing it and try to get under those sides while NOT clamping (cuz flipper). if i do get under push it towards the pit, maybe flipping it if possible.
Ideally when i have a bot on both of his sides he will turn and attack one of them. If this happens the bot being chased will lower a bit its clamp and back away a bit while the other quickly clamps it from behind and get control over it to do you know what. If he fires the flipper to free himself the other bot that's still in front of it will rush to get under before the flipper gets down again, with the clamp stopping it from doing so, giving me a solid grip (a similar move can be done if he gets flipped somehow).

If i get good control over him, specially if i pull of the previous move, then i will drive him, maybe lifting, straight into the pit, throwing itself too if necessary. Don't bother with any of the other hazards.

Again avoid hazards and GL HF.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53