CBC SHW Week 4: Cruelty vs. Phantasmic Slammer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

CBC SHW Week 4: Cruelty vs. Phantasmic Slammer

Post by attackfrog » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:26 pm

Robot NameStatsEntry Post
Cruelty8 Speed / 7 Traction / 4 Torque / 1 Weapon / 10 Armor (+2 ram/forks/plow)viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8773&start=15#p70769
Phantasmic SlammerSpeed: 8
Weapon: 2
Armor: 11 (+2 to the front of the bot including the side wedges and the front of the flipper)
Traction: 7
Torque: 2
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8773#p70752

Badnik never declared which attachment he's using, so that means I get bonus points, right? :V It seems likely that he wouldn't be using the hammer blockers though as I don't have a hammer, so whatever.

As for me I'm using the forks on Cruelty.

These two bots both have 8 speed 7 traction, so this is going to be fun. However, Cruelty's got 4 torque to Phantaslam's 2, so I'm going to be doing the pushing. I've also got the wedge advantage, as I can raise my front wheels to lower my forks so they're ground-scraping. I'll be lowering them when I go in to wedge Phantaslam and keeping them just a little off the ground the rest of the time so they don't slow me down. Neither of us are going to be getting around to each other's sides much (not that Cruelty has much of a side to get around to anyway) so I'll just be charging on in, hopefully wedging Phantaslam, and shoving it around as best I can.

The Woodshed has a shitload of hazards, of course, which is to my advantage. I'll be triggering the murdersaw and the pit for maximum coverage and then trying to shove Phantaslam into whatever hazard I can, the more damaging or deadly the better. I'll do my best to avoid running into them myself, of course.

If Phantasmic Slammer gets lucky and flips Cruelty I'll be in a bit of a tough position, but I can move my front wheels until they're touching the floor again (the forks are a bit higher than they are, right way up) and attempt to self-right by driving up Phantasmic Slammer's wedge. If that's not working and Cruelty doesn't get flipped back over, I'll just do my best to stay aggressive and avoid the hazards.

In summary, I'll be super aggressive, trigger the hazards, wedge Phantaslam and push it into them.

Good luck Badnik!

Badnik96

Re: CBC SHW Week 4: Cruelty vs. Phantasmic Slammer

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:59 pm

angle in on his forks and do the flippy thing. try to flip him into hazards or whatever. avoid the hazards myself. jhook away if he wedges me and keep mixing up which direction so he cant chase.

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ