CBC Week 4 SHW: Starfish Prime vs. Shellshock

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC Week 4 SHW: Starfish Prime vs. Shellshock

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:12 pm

Starfish PrimeShellshock
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 3
Traction: 3Traction: 2
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 15Weapon: 15
Armour: 7Armour: 9

Using the straight bar. Noisy said he’s using flails.

Quick note re: Wankel engines; they’re inherently irreversible because of the way air moves between intake and exhaust ports on different sides of the chamber. To change spin direction he’d have to change his weapon’s gearing, which he doesn’t mention. At the start, watch which direction his shell spins during the twitch test and spin my bar the SAME direction to avoid any tip speed wars.

Start upright. Spin up, come out into the middle of the arena, and hit him head-on. If you look at Shellshock’s CAD his flails are barely above the floor, so my bar should connect solidly with them. His reach advantage won’t let him Nuts me. Weapon-to-weapon is a 4-4 tie. However, I have two things in my favor. First, damage to my bar could chip or bend it but damage to his flails could snap his chains, and that will throw his shell off-balance and make spinning up impossible without shaking himself out of control. I just have to bank on his teeth giving out before something important does on my bot. Second, his larger diameter means he’s got less room to maneuver in this hazard-filled arena, and his flails will hit the wall before his hat does, taking energy out of his weapon. Flails can reduce knockback but not completely eliminate it. See if I can knock him into the walls, the log rollers, or the track for the murdersaw (it’s higher than the rest of the floor), then get a hit in while his shell is slowed down. Feeding him to the choppers would be even better: they can potentially hook his self-righting hat and get him stuck with the wall interfering with his flails.

Basically hit him until one of us stops working. It’s a horizontal spinner fight, what more can you expect?

If my weapon stops, try to use the bar as a shield still. If it’s free spinning his hits will even spin it around in the opposite direction of his shell, greatly reducing the impact speed and making it harder for him to do further damage. Run for the hazard activation buttons and try to knock him into either the pit or the murdersaw.

Good Luck Etc.

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: CBC Week 4 SHW: Starfish Prime vs. Shellshock

Post by Noisy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:22 pm

I have more reach and better armour than him. His wheels are exposed and his blade is only the same width as the chassis so wont offer much protection to my flails. My armour is +2 on his so I should be the last standing if we are just taking hits at each other. He has +1 on traction and speed but his triangular body means he going to have difficulty using it in a pushing match (if it somehow goes that far).

At the start, move to the bottom half of the arena while spinning up. Then when both of us are in the arena drive off to the side of his bot to get the flails to hit his wheels. Keep the spinner at full throttle while hitting. When a wheel is off and he is technically immobile (can't move outside his own circumference) then move away but keep up to speed. If he starts to move again and has stopped the count go back in for more hits until he is immobile again. Avoid all hazards at all times.