Compound Fracture vs. Perdito

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GuldenFlame

Compound Fracture vs. Perdito

Post by GuldenFlame » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:25 pm

My opponent has said that they will be using their fork configuration.

We are at a speed tie, so focus on keeping on the aggressive. If we're going head-to-head, focus on trying to aim straight into the forks. If we end up going between/around them, he will probably get underneath the pontoons on the sides.

If he starts angling in, back up and keep face to face with him.

If he bails for the pit, then stay in the legs of the U shaped arena, just outside the house robot zones. Avoid going towards the middle unless our opponent is airborne, the house bots are being mean to me, or my opponent has shown no sign of getting under us even once.

In the scenario where he's been pressing his forks and getting under us a lot, try to bait a charge and maneuver around him.

Good luck to my opponent.
Team Loading...

I have nothing noteworthy to show you.

Hooray For Lexan

Re: Compound Fracture vs. Perdito

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Compound FracturePerdito
ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 7
Traction: 6Traction: 6
Torque: 3Torque: 1
Weapon: 3Weapon: 3
Armour: 11 (+1 wedge)Armour: 13

Forks config please.

We’ve got equal drivetrains. His wedge is really good... but only on the central flipper and the very edges of the angled panels. The rest of his front isn’t flush with the floor, and my forks should be perfect for getting to the sides of his flipper. Also, him flipping my lifter will make my clutch slip, reducing the energy transferred to the actual bot.

Be aggressive, go for head-on collisions or try to angle in under the angled panels to the sides of his flipper. Only press if he’s repeatedly getting under me. If I’m flipped, just go right back on the attack and try to catch him with it open. I’m fully invertible, it won’t be easy for him to chain flips on me.

When I get under him, lift his front end up to break his traction – it doesn’t look like he has much ground clearance or a sloping back so high-centering him should be pretty easy – then either turn him over or slam him into the walls and then turn him over. Make him use up his gas supply self-righting and try to keep getting under him as he does so.

Make use of the hazards. Don’t bother with the hacksaws, but the log rollers could temporarily get him stuck thanks to his low ground clearance and the choppers could at least scratch him up. If I see a good opening see if I can get an OOTA: the wall is sloped and my lifter has decent reach so I may be able to just shove him up it if I’m careful. But be ready to take evasive action if this fails, and don’t try it if the Murdersaw’s on. Only open the pit if I’m winning the wedge war fairly consistently. Same goes for activating the Murdersaw, but I know there’s a risk that pushing him into the log rollers could turn them on.

Good Luck etc. etc.