Coup de Grâce vs Black Diamond

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Coup de Grâce vs Black Diamond

Post by Wolf51-50 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:54 am

Forks on

Laz? Is that you? :V

I guess he built this with hammers in mind. The problem is that I can still deal 3 damage to his front. And since this hammer blocker appears to be welded to his flipper, a few good hits could actually burst his piston. I have the better wedge in this case and he's definitely going to want to avoid my front. Keep the fight to the center and turn with him to keep my front facing. Be patient while lining up a shot. Fire the hammer if it's a for sure lock on him, or at least close. If he gets to my sides, drive backward and turn back to face him. He's gonna have a tough time flipping me if he only gets under my skirts. I'll be able to drive away in this case. If I'm wedged completely, use the hammer to shake myself off or to turn myself around to get the hammer facing him (reminder that I can hit him while he's under me). A hit to the hammer blocker will dent it, and eventually reduce the functionality of his flipper. A hit to his wedge can cause drive problems if I dent it downward, and a hit to his body will flatten him almost completely. Alex probably knows well that he has to get rid of me quickly, cause give a hammer bot time again a bot that will take 3+ damage, it doesn't end well for them. I might get flipped over and over, but I only need a few hits to dent the hammer blocker, and maybe two to buckle his main body. Keep swinging and don't let up. Avoid letting him drive me to hazards and never stay upside down for long. If I absolutely cannot dodge the hazard before I can shake off, try to take the hit on my front. Use my half power self righting when getting back up.

Good luck Alex. Looking forward to this, but you won't get rid of me that easily :P

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: Coup de Grâce vs Black Diamond

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:16 pm

Black Diamond: 8 speed / 6 traction / 2 torque / 5 weapon / 9 armour

vs.

Coup de Grâce:
5 speed / 3 traction / 1 torque / 13 weapon / 8 armour (+2 front plow)

I'm running three teeth on the wedge. Two toothed 2WD wedges is a wash. However, Drew's likely to be very confident in his ability to damage my 11 armour flipper and blocker. He will be able to. I've been on the other side of that. However, per the damage scale, it's going to take a lot of repeated pounding. Also, if my protective blocker is repeatedly catching his hammer on the shaft, he's not dealing his full, focused impact damage to it and he's putting a lot of stress on himself. Long story short: my flipper isn't dying as easily as he probably thinks. As for reaching my chassis, the angle isn't right. My bar should block him 10/10 times.

Now, The Woodshed is heaven for a fast, control-focused design like mine, so I'm going to maximize its potential. At the start, use my considerable speed edge to double trigger the hazards so they remain permamently active. Given how hammers flop around and are hard to control when firing and immediately thereafter, and given my speed edge and control-focused weapon, he's inherently in a lot more danger than I am. He also has 6 armour on his chassis.

He'll probably anticipate me avoiding his front. I'd prefer not to go head-on too much, but full avoidance is predictable and, if you look at hammers in the Chomp kind of power range that he's in, they tend not to land more than a handful of shots per match anyways, even when they appear to be well lined-up. Once I have the arena prepared, come straight in at him, no tricks or BS and... pull back and bait at the last second to get him to misfire. When he jumps and he's resetting, flip him into a hazard or OOTA if he's at the right angle. There are so many here in such close proximity that it shouldn't be hard. Mostly, just get this guy into the pit, OOTA, or Murdersaw. Keep him flopping and self-righting. Once I've baited him a couple times, mix in playing it straight and just charge. He may be gunshy by then and waiting for a perfect shot, which'll give me the opportunity to flip him if I get under. Basically, use the arena, my drivetrain, and not being predictable to end this fight, and have a realistic amount of faith in my armour.

Keep hammering away, my dude
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!