CBC SHW Week 4: I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! vs. KEGATRON

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC SHW Week 4: I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! vs. KEGATRON

Post by Rocket » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:52 am

I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! (3WD horizontal clamp and vertical saw)
Speed: 6 | Traction: 5 | Torque: 2 | Weapon: 7 (5 clamp / 5 saw) | Armour: 10 (+1 claws) | I-Beam Wedge

KEGATRON (2WD full-body drum)
Speed: 5 | Traction: 6-1=5 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 12 | Armour: 6 | FBS
KEGATRON COMES TO DO BATTLE WITH PUNY CRAB THING! DANCING LIKE A FRESHLY-TASERED FATHER OF THE BRIDE WILL NOT AVAIL THE PUNY CRAB THING IN BATTLE WITH KEGATRON! FOR KEGATRON SHALL DELIVER UNTO ITS SHELL SEVERAL MIGHTY BLOWS WITH ITS GREAT SPINNING DRUM! THIS TIME, THE WEAPON SHALL SPIN UPWARDS, THE BETTER TO CATCH UPON THE PROTRUDING LIP OF THE CRAB'S PUNY CLAWS! A GOOD BITE WILL LIFT THE FOE SIX FEET IN THE AIR! THROWN BY MIGHT! THROWN BY STRENGTH! THROWN BY KEGATRON! AND UPON DOING SO, THERE WILL BE OPPORTUNITIES FOR KEGATRON TO USE ITS SUPERIOR CONTROL TO CHAIN FLIPS TOGETHER ON THE PROTRUDING LIPS OF THE PUNY CRAB THING! SUCH IS THE WILL OF KEGATRON, AND NONE DARE OPPOSE IT! FIGHT WELL, CRAB BEAST, FOR NOW YOU FACE!

KEGATROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: CBC SHW Week 4: I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! vs. KEGATRON

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:26 pm

I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker!: 6 speed / 5 traction / 2 torque / 7 weapon (5/5) / 10 armour (+1 claws)

vs.

KEGATRON: 5 speed / 6-1 traction / 1 torque / 12 weapon / 6 armour

Kegs can't damage my claws at all. It can't do significant damage to my chassis. It can't hit in front of its wheels either as long as it approaches me head on. Those wheels are just yummy and grippable to boot. The only real danger here comes from getting flipped into things, since it has a really bitey drum.

So, how to approach this fight? Head on, saw back in its resting position, claws open. FULL METAL. If Kegatron is trying to create angles, it's time to dance, motherfucker. Circle strafe, yo. Strafe normally too if necessary. Outdance this mofo with the power of omniwheels. If it's going for the death or glory approach, right in at me, then I will witness. Just make sure contact is straight on and the claws are open to give it nothing to get a bite on. Clamp them around its wheels, which should be easy to get a grip on, and deliver it into this arena's plethora of hellish hazards with its meagre six armour. Do so repeatedly and with sick glee. This is a bad arena not to have a wedge, clamp, or other means of controlling opponents with and Kegs is in that position. Pit the bugger if I can down the Log Chute.

If Kegs is managing to clip me and flip me a bit too often, then self-right and focus on strafey grabbing or keeping the claws just a tiny bit open and nipping a wheel. Overall, use the hazards in this arena. Use them a lot. Kegs is light on armour and I have a clamp. If the opportunity arises, and Kegs is at less than half power spinning, bring the saw down while feeding it to hazards and start cutting in. I should pierce in just over ten seconds. Stay aggressive, don't drive dumb, and use the arena to my advantage.

Best o' luck!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!