HW: Pendulum II vs Tabor Mk. 3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

HW: Pendulum II vs Tabor Mk. 3

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:29 am

Tabor is going to be one tricky customer to deal especially since both of our stats are quite close, however my weapon is just strong enough to make some dents or a few holes on the armament. So the main focus is to aim for the top armament and axe away to deliver some shots. My weapon should have a decent enough range to reach the top armour of Tabor.

I want to avoid getting caught with the frontal scoop of Tabor and move away with my 2WD drivetrain advantage. I feel Tabor will struggle to turn quickly enough due to him being 4WD so as long as I keep on moving around the arena and stay quite close to Tabor to pressurise him.

If things do not go to plan I might as well rely on using the hazards and use my weapon to try and pierce the top armament and try pushing Tabor towards the Murdersaw once I press the buttons to activate the hazard.

Good luck and may the best robot win.

Rocket

Re: HW: Pendulum II vs Tabor Mk. 3

Post by Rocket » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:40 am

Pendulum II (2WD spiked axe)
Speed: 6 | Traction: 5 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 12+1 | Armour: 6 | 2WD Static Wedge

Tabor Mk. 3: Somehow There's A Third One (4WD omnidirectional assault spatula)
Speed: 6 | Traction: 4 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 7 (5 turret / 5 lifter) | Armour: 10 (+2 scoop) | Actuated Pressing Wedge | Plough Payload: Type 1 Meme-Sized Plough
Pendulum's got a tough axe and I don't want to be taking hits from it, especially since my turret doesn't get weapon armour and is therefore only sporting 8 armour. Still, I've got one trick up my sleeve - the fact that my primary scoop is also a very effective hammer blocker. Let's go!

We're matched for speed and he beats me on traction, but I accelerate much faster than he does. That means I can get to him and force a battle somewhere he doesn't want to be, such as near any of the fucking innumerable hazards in this shitshow of an arena. My plan, however, is to kick off and immediately go for the hazard buttons on my side of the arena. Like any good British control bot, I know how to use a pit when I see one, and hopefully I'll be able to slap the buttons before having to engage with Pendulum's axe.

When I do engage with him, it's time to shove him around. My scoop should block his hammer, so it's time to angle in on his static wedge with the turret and press forward, lifting him up and using Tabor's brute force to turn it over. Once it's over, it's time to shove the axe into the Murdersaw or the pit, whichever's easiest. If I end up Murdersawing him, it's time to head over to the second pit button and press that, keeping the scoop pointed in Pendulum's direction at all times. Once that's pressed, engage with Pendulum again and shove him into the pit. Job done.

Good luck, TBR, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)