Piranha Plant vs Cuddle Time!

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Piranha Plant vs Cuddle Time!

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:30 pm

PP: Speed: 3 / Torque: 3 / Traction: 2 / Armor: 13 / Weapon: 9 (5 pipe-turret, 5 lifter, 5 saw+arm)
CT!: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 7 (5 clamp/5 lifter) / Armor: 9 (+2 front wedge) - WEDGE PLATE

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bro he's got 3 speed and a worse wedge than me holy shit I just win this. Yes he can theoretically press - but if he presses anywhere other then preciesly head-on compared to his wheelbase he lifts the entire bot off of the ground because of the full-body wedge circle - he can't move, and he starts tilting his chassis and making his turret's wedge innefective as well. so all I have to do is come at him at any sort of angle away from his drivetrain and I get under for free with even a hinged wedge all the time. I can also press, but I can never go head-on into his forks, since they do probably beat or at least meet my wedge, and I don't want to have to continuously deal with his saw even if I can probably block it.

anywho wait for doors then be aggressive, if he's playing in the open. don't approach him if he's corner camping - instead park such that I can threaten to create an opening once we're forced to move, hopefully getting me a free wedge. if he isn't just circle him to create space and then move in, exploting the fact that I literally have more than twice his drivetrain to get to his sides.

when I get under, clamp, lift a little bit, and take to hazards. the drill ones are the better option, and I have the ability to get a good hold more often than most control bots, so I'd like to utilize that advantage.

if he gets under, evasive manuevers. I can lift my lifter to block his saw arm from descending, taking advantage of his poor arm shape. this should also push me into a position where I can drive off, especially since my rear wedge is hinged. both the lifter and the clamp have decent armor since they both benefit from weapon armor so it should be relatively safe to try and protect myself by pushing directly at his saw with either of them, since doing so should make it stall and not actually deliver its damage. Don't let myself stay on his wedge though, hazards are still a danger, slow as he is.

GL

Also fuck the word Piranha I have so much trouble spelling it

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Piranha Plant vs Cuddle Time!

Post by V900 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:30 pm

I think Gabe told me he'd be using the plate setup, so that's what I'm gonna assume here.

I'd just like to remind the jury that Plant's turret effectively travels at the same speed a robot with 10 drivetrain speed would. As such, it'll be more than feasible for my turret's forks to stay targeted on CT, even if it does wacky angling things. My shell also serves as a second line of defense if he gets under my lifter (which, having wedgelets, has the advantage). In the case that my lifter DOES get wedged, I just raise it and fall back on my shell hinge thing. And if THAT gets wedged, I can:

- try to use my saw as a fifth wheel
- flail my lifter about and use it as a dewedging device
- both

If I get under, start lifting the opponent asap. I'm probably not gonna get too much mileage out of the saw here, so just focus on controlling the match. Though, if I get him against a wall or something along those lines, definitely bring down the saw.

Generally stick to the center of the arena, both the house bots and hazards will be hard pressed to KO me within 30 seconds (if at all). Be especially wary of the pits, since I suspect Gabe's gonna go something like "slow bot bad, push him in the pit EZ money".

gl hf