The Thieving Magpie vs Shade Fist: CBC3 LW WK3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

The Thieving Magpie vs Shade Fist: CBC3 LW WK3

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:38 pm

The Thieving Magpie:

STATS: SPD-7 // TRA-6 // TOR-2 // WPN-5 // ARM-10

Shade Fist:

Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 5 (+1 to the drum)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shade fist is wide with a powerful drum, so even with my drivetrain advantage, I’ll still have trouble getting around his weapon. Let’s see if I can use this arena to my advantage.

Immediately come out from my square and through the double-doors into the main arena. If Shade Fist does the same, I’ll charge at him and, at the last second, try to get a corner of my flipper under his drum (while trying not to catch his wedges) and pop him. If that works, chase after him and chain flips, if possible. Or, if he ends up near one of the hazards/house robot patrol zones, try to ‘pin’ him in those.

If Shade Fist gets his front wedges under me (wedging war should play out *fairly* evenly, as his are static per entry description), immediately back off before getting popped by his drum. Then, take slightly more evasive maneuvers to then attempt to regain a wedging advantage.

If Shade Fist hesitates to come through the doors out of his square right away, then I will drive right up to within a foot or two the first set of doors and wait. There’s a house robot patrol around the starting squares and my bet is that they will attack bots who ‘camp’ in their starting squares. I bet that Shade fist would rather face me than the house robot.

There’s also the small area behind the rear set of doors that leads to a pit. If he wants to hide back there, then I’ll start to cautiously make my way through the first set of doors and try to gun it past whichever house robot that’s there to get to Shade Fist. Then, do my best to keep my flipper on him and his back to the pit, then flip him into it.

If I can’t get my flipper under Shade Fist at all and I’m taking damage from his drum, then do whatever to bait him into Dr. Cadaver’s house robot patrol zone (as he’s a bit slower than Nurse S. and I have a better chance of evading an errant attack from him). Also, my higher armor would assist me in having less damage done from hazards/house bots than Shade Fist-he gets caught, he’s getting more damage.

Last, don’t drive my robot like an idiot!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GL, Dylan!

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Re: The Thieving Magpie vs Shade Fist: CBC3 LW WK3

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:19 pm

come out and keep my front pointed towards her, aiming to get underneath asap. stay on the aggressive and keep hitting her with the drum until something breaks. avoid the hazards and housebots and whatever. jhook off the wedge if she doesnt immediately flip if she gets under me

basically drive like i would nitro hornet

gl and may the better bot win
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ