CBC M3 Week 3: Manglerfish vs. Harpy

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CBC M3 Week 3: Manglerfish vs. Harpy

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:32 am

ManglerfishHarpy
ImageImage
Speed: 6Speed: 8
Traction: 5Traction: 8
Torque: 2Torque: 3
Weapon: 10 (10 saw, 3 arm)Weapon: 0
Armour: 7Armour: 9 (+2 forks)

Using four forks config. Shaba told me Harpy’s using its forks too.

Head through the doors and go right on the attack. While I think her forks are longer, they’re wide enough that we’ve got a good chance of direct engagement, so I should still be able to get under her head-on. If that isn’t working, try turning one way and then flicking the stick sideways the other way just before contact. If I’m rotating the sloped sides of my prongs should get under the vertical sides of hers. Be aggressive, try to anticipate and react to angle-in or flanking attempts.

If I get under her, I’ve got enough torque to push her, but since she’s hard to high-center I really need to gun it to force her into the walls. Fortunately this arena’s pretty small. Get a pin and get the saw in wherever I can. I can get through her chassis armor in 9 seconds, and could also remove the tread from wheels, or even cut through the axle for her forks.

If she wedges me, I’ll still have my wheels on the ground so try to just spin away. If I get forced into something and pinned anyway...

If it’s the wall, drop the saw. I can bring it below the “floor” level because I don’t have a central prong to get in the way, so I may be able to at least get some cosmetic damage.

If it’s a bonesaw, raise the arm a bit then bring it down on the bonesaw housing to try to raise my chassis above the blade’s level until she lets me go.

If it’s a lobotomizer, raise my arm overhead so it obstructs the clamping mechanism from lowering enough for the drill to reach my chassis.

If the fight ends up in the flanking squares, feed her to the housebots if possible, or use the secondary square to box her in the corner. Neither of us can easily OOTA, but a 1 ft wall’s enough to pin against.

Good Luck etc. Etc.

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: CBC M3 Week 3: Manglerfish vs. Harpy

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:54 pm

His 2WD with the four-pronged forks have a wedging advantage over me, but I still have the superior drivetrain. I do also need to avoid prolonged contact with his saw on my chassis armor.

Head out through the front doors immediately, then veer away towards the wall at a slight angle and gun it at maximum speed, hoping that Manglerfish comes out those doors right away and intends to meet me head-on. I’ll be around him and at least getting at his side.

More realistically, I won’t have such an advantage, so this will be a driving game. I’ll be patient and try to maneuver myself into an advantageous position, then ram Manglerfish into the nearest hazard (or wall for max. Pin timer). If this works, then keep doing this (as grueling as it will be). If not, then I need to employ more use of the arena to gain the upper hand. Drive through the first set of doors and hope that Manglerfish takes chase, then stop and turn back around just before the 2nd set of doors. Maybe Manglerfish will get caught by a house robot (and I don’t because I’m faster). But, if we both make it past the house bot unscathed, then I’ll just do my best to play cat-and-mouse with my opponent and hope that he gets tangled up with the house bot and not myself.

Other than that, drive smart and avoid silly mistakes that can cause damage!

GL, HFL!