Marksman vs Scion

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GuldenFlame

Marksman vs Scion

Post by GuldenFlame » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:59 am

Run into it, and see if we get under it. If no, back up, if yes, do the flippy thing. Run from house robots if they're being mean to me.
Team Loading...

I have nothing noteworthy to show you.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Marksman vs Scion

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:15 pm

WEDGE FORKS OFF

Marksman is 4WD vs my 2WD and is significantly slower. his flipper is presumably hinged, but his front wedges are not, and they are in line with his flipper so I am able to get under him pretty much all the time, nullifying the advantage of running forks in this situation. I need to avoid getting flipped: I will have to play this more defensively in order to not spend most of the match on my head. both of the hazard types in this arena require that the opponent be held there for a bit before they can gain value: his wheel setup allows for him to get stuck on my wedge more easily, and I have the drive advantage, so I should be able to accomplish this much more easily than he can.

If he doesnt leave the doors area, wait the 10 seconds for them to open - I dont need door RNG letting him sneak under me. as soon as they open, pursue an aggressive strategy. I want to be pressuring him as often as I can, since I have a lot of wedge advantage and drivetrain advantage and yeah. be on his ass and shove him into shit, don't let him have any time to plan or get under me. try to hold him at either of the hazards whenever possible, though wall pins are fine if they're the available option: I can maybe thwack at him then for "damage" points.

if I get flipped, start trying to get at him from the sides/angle in where his wedge should be slightly off the ground. I might not have any wedge area, but I do have a ground-scraping vertical plate so I can still exert my drivetrain on him.

GL