CBC3 HW: Meta Ridley vs Bass Drop II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

CBC3 HW: Meta Ridley vs Bass Drop II

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Meta RidleyBass Drop II
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 5
Traction: 3Traction: 4
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 14Weapon: 12 (+1 Hammer Bonus)
Armour: 7Armour: 9
This match isn't a complete wash looking at the stats. Meta Ridley doesn't have enough speed to reliably get around Bass Drop and with smart positioning I should be able to keep my front pointed at them the entire match.

Its likely they'll start Overcutter to protect the body from my hammer, which will make things difficult for me. 13 weapon power hammer onto a 11 weapon armour disc is rough. Perhaps hitting it could throw it off balance though.

Start of the match move out of my square and watch carefully to their approach. I want to make sure to keep my front pointed at them, and fire my hammer just at range so they don't have a chance to get close and clip my wheels. I'll need to be careful not to hammer too early though, I don't want him to bend my hammer arms.

If that fails and/or my hammer is damaged beyond use, use the back wedge to shove him around a bit, who knows maybe I can shove him into and over the IEDs with enough luck.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: CBC3 HW: Meta Ridley vs Bass Drop II

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:50 pm

-Well that hammer could really hurt, so I think this warrants starting overcutter since my disc can protect my chassis pretty decently in that orientation.

-Since we've got a reasonably open arena and neither of us has any reliable way of tossing the other out it's pretty much going to be a duel to see who can kill the other faster I'm thinking. As such my general plan will be to drive over towards him and then just charge in quickly with the disc.

-The hammer covers too much space for me to try and drive around it on my own since we have equal speed, so there's no reason to not just try and strike quickly and try to land my hit before he can attack with the hammer.

-As long as that approach is reasonably successful, keep it up. A few hits to the same area is going to rack up the damage quickly and should put him out commission. If I get any openings to hit him from the side, great! But I won't be going out of my way. It's also entirely possible that I could knock him into the IEDs for extra disorientation on him.

-If that plan doesn't work, drive at him tail first and try to swing the disc around quickly into him. Also use the tail to try and swipe him away in any emergency defensive situations.

-Keep away from walls and the center hazard area.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.