Final Boss vs Han-D

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Final Boss vs Han-D

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 pm

I can't remember if he specified how Han-D was running, but I'll guess he'll be maximizing his hammer's attack power over giving a little extra power/armor to the piston. In any case none really change how he operates so it won't affect my gameplan much.

-At 5 power, my flipper doesn't have quite enough juice to toss him out with the walls in their starting position, but when they get lowered, it should be reasonably attainable. We just need to go about the 2 minutes without getting pounded into hash by the hammer.

-I can't quite "Harbinger vs. Pizza" this match since I don't have as big of a speed advantage so I'll need to play this more conservative. Make my way over to his side of the arena and scope out what he's doing. If he's mostly turtling around his starting area, then zig zag around and try to get a feel for how quickly he's able to turn to counter me. If it looks like I could swoop in and get at him away from the hammer drop zone with minimal risk, then go in and try to get under the main body and flip him.

-Assuming this works pretty well, keep trying to chain flip him around and keep him near the walls/IEDs, ready for when the wall drops down and then try to score a ring out.

-If he comes out from his square at the start, I'll mostly follow the same strategy, but I'll have a bit more room to work with since he won't have the walls/IEDs backing him up.

-If it looks like I can't get in on him cleanly, then try to keep my distance until the wall comes down. It'll mean a boring fight, but I don't want to take any hammer hits without having a way to end the fight quickly. Once the walls come down, charge in and get under. Probably eat at least one/two hits (hopefully not to the same area) and get under him and flip and try to get him OOTA.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Final Boss vs Han-D

Post by V900 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:52 pm

SETUP ONE

Right, so my hammer deals 5 damage (14wep-10arm+1 hammer bonus) with is borderline お前はもう死んでいる-level damage. Him getting hit anywhere near his 4 drive motors means that he won't be able to drive straight and control the match after a single hit. No hammer blockers either, so his chassis is free pickings. My hammer's arc is long enough for the head to hit the floor, so his relatively flat chassis shouldn't be much of an obstacle.

He'll also have trouble controlling my bot due to how much of an absolute UNIT it is. That is to say, his lifter won't lift as fast, and his whopping 2 torque won't be able to push me as easily as it would a regular wheeled robot. Even if he does get under, my legs have some pretty decent ground clearance- the joints connected to the chassis can flex up and down a healthy amount of distance.

7 speed is definitely NOT enough to go for any "lol i flank u" strategies. I've got 6 speed units. He's got 9 (far less than the generally-accepted 200% threshold, which is 12 in this case) + human driver error + slightly subpar traction. If he tries to angle in, he's gonna get his chassis whacked. If he tries to micromanage his driving to get me to hit his lifter, I'm gonna turn 5 degrees and he's gonna get his chassis whacked.

I won't need the poker much here, but if I catch him with his lifter up in front of me, that's when I'll fire it. Don't write me as smacking my own poker with the hammer, thanks.

gl hf