ICEcrown Week 5 - Maurdread v Shellshock

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

ICEcrown Week 5 - Maurdread v Shellshock

Post by Noisy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:28 pm

Maurdread - Speed: 5 / Weapon: 14 / Armor: 7 / Traction: 3 /Torque: 1

Shellshock - Speed: 3 / Weapon: 15 / Armour: 10 / Traction: 1 / Torque: 1

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: ICEcrown Week 5 - Maurdread v Shellshock

Post by Noisy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:37 pm

Steep sides and 7 armour v 15 weapon. He has a tiny wedge that could get underneath me but my teeth are mounted low enough that it'll be damaged before he can use it. My chimney will self right me if he does manage to get a hit with the drum.

At the start, move away and spin up to full speed. Once up to full speed, go straight in for the attack. Aim for the front initially and then the sides once it starts to have mobility problems. Stay full throttle and keep attacking until it's immobilised. Avoid the centre mound of the arena at all times.

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: ICEcrown Week 5 - Maurdread v Shellshock

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:40 pm

i'm getting flashbacks from the Hovercrap fight here lol, but anyway, always make sure he hits my drum and solely my drum, weapon armor is the only thing that can save me from getting fucking splattered across the arena, so be careful and aim constantly for weapon-to-weapon contact, while he's not a hovercraft so he has actual control, self-righting poles and similar devices are unreliable and may not function as intented, and even then, they take a while, so while he's busy doing dance moves i can still land a couple hits if his pole actually does work, the big issue with shell spinners is they're basically naked and utterly defenseless when that shell of theirs isn't spinning or spinning at a low speed, and guess what's happening when he's lying on his side and the only thing spinning is his chassis and pole? not to mention that Shellshock already stalled his ICE from crashing into shit too hard, and crashing into a hard steel spinning drum (and walls from recoiling around the arena Megabyte style) will most likely take it's toll on him

all in all, just make sure he hits my drum 100% of the time when he hits me, and attack him while his shell isn't spinning and he's defenseless

GL HF