ROBOT2 HW Bronze Match - Vertigo 3 v Magnolia Grande

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

ROBOT2 HW Bronze Match - Vertigo 3 v Magnolia Grande

Post by Noisy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:17 pm

Vertigo 3 - Speed: 5 / Weapon: 14(1 for arm) / Armour: 8 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1

Magnolia Grande - 4 speed / 2 traction / 1 torque / 16 weapon / 7 armour

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: ROBOT2 HW Bronze Match - Vertigo 3 v Magnolia Grande

Post by Noisy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:43 pm

I'm slightly faster and my angled armour will help slightly against his twin spinners. It's weapons are also petrol powered so there's a chance of disabling them if I can cut the fuel lines or stop it somehow.

At the start, run straight towards them without hesitance. Spin up the blade while going over there but do get there before MG is up to full speed. Hopefully my wedges deflect the hit and I'm now in between his blades and jamming them. Now don't spin up but instead use the lifting forks and raise him off the ground. He has a lot of framework that my forks can slide into and lift him. Once the forks have a good hold of him, lift him as high as i can with toppling over, this should drain his engine of any fuel and although it doesn't specify where his fuel tank or lines are, I'm going to guess they are at the back of the robot. Now carry him around the arena for the rest of the match. Lower him but just enough so his track aren't touching the ground and ram him into the walls, then lift him up to carry him over to the hazards and if the wall is short enough try to lift him over the wall. Stay in between his blades for the entire match, he cant harm if he isn't spinning.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: ROBOT2 HW Bronze Match - Vertigo 3 v Magnolia Grande

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:52 am

I do a LOT of damage to everything except his blade, though I can even hurt that a bit. I also have a HUGE reach advantage, and despite his ablative armour, there are lots of places around and including the lifting arm that either of my blades could catch and tear into, scoring corner damage. In terms of drivetrain, he has only a one speed advantage, no pushing power to really smother, and I can't be high-centered. Most importantly, he has nothing like the control to actually reach my more vulnerable parts, which I'm sure is something he'd like to do. That's also something I could exploit.

In terms of flipping me, his arm is painfully slow, and he doesn't have the reach to really tip something with the footprint of MG. His spinner's a bigger threat in that regard, but its tooth design (and not the non-hitting side) is very unoptimized for getting beneath an undercutter like mine. My counter rotating horizontal blades also give me a lot of gyroscopic stability (in addition to cancelling out each other's torque effects), so I'm more likely to helicopter than go over and, if I do, I can run both ways up anyways.

With regards to offense, he doesn't have the speed to box rush me, and while my control's not great, his is downright awful. Using the width of my front striking area, even a small turn before contact should mean that he's only contacting one of my blades, leaving the other free for me to turn a bit and pivot it right into this side, that's assuming that impacts don't fling us WAY apart. In general, just keep spinning up and staying aggressive, maneuvering opportunistically and right before impacts. Use his poor control and my odd shape and reach against him to mash the arm his weapon is on. The power curve of ICE also means that smaller, glancing blows, like ones off of his wedge, won't take me out of my power band as easily as an electric motor so, if I fail to score the big, I can follow up immediately.

Good Luck, my dude!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!