ROBOT2 MWs Shitbot Showdown: Gigaflare (Primary config) vs Champ

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT2 MWs Shitbot Showdown: Gigaflare (Primary config) vs Champ

Post by Trihunter » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:08 pm

Champ: Speed: 5 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 10 / Armor: 10

Gigaflare: Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Weapon: 11 (Srimech wired to weapon, thus 0 points needed for it) / Armour: 8 / Torque: 1 / 0-point Spark Cannons: 5

Oh, boy, this isn't looking too good. Angle in initially, taking it fairly slow, and try to get our wedge in, so we can crush down on it, hopefully through their claw axle, if we can get it in that deep. If not, whatever we can get works too. Fire the spark cannons too when we get a crush, of course. Just take it slow in the match, focusing on keeping Champ on our crusher and not the other way around. If we can get around the back somehow, that's great, capitalise on it, but we're not actively trying to force that scenario too hard; we've not the drivetrain to cause that easily. Just angling under the wedge at the bits where it's more awkwardly shaped (the sides of that yellow bit of the wedge look prime for such probing, for example).

Best of luck to the opposition.

GuldenFlame

Re: ROBOT2 MWs Shitbot Showdown: Gigaflare (Primary config) vs Champ

Post by GuldenFlame » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Oh boy. Didn't even realize these were things.

Since the opponent has three different static forks, I can only assume that only one is truly on the ground.

Try lining up with the outer wedges at first and see if I can get under them, if not, reset and go for the middle wedge.
Bite down and try to drive them into a wall, then proceed to "chew" on them. Try to avoid biting on the beak. It'll leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Good luck to my foe.
Team Loading...

I have nothing noteworthy to show you.